Continental MK Tyre leaking out of bead?

Skylark

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is BS that you need to go through that procedure on an expensive and brand new tubeless tyre. Continentals moulding technique is obviously up to sh1te, there's basically microscopic holes in the sidewalls, in a new tyre that's designed to be mounted tubeless?

Granted mine was not tubeless but the problem relates to many of continentals tyres including the ones sold as tubeless UST. I have fitted many non tubeless tyres from other tyre brands as tubeless and have virtually never a had any sidewall leaks. Surprising given continentals reputation as a leading tyre company across many sphere's.

After a total loss of pressure riding groenies last weekend I organised some ps2 fluid from dom.

The stans had formed a complete later on the inside of the tyre and dried. With some thinners and couple minutes of scrubbing the inside was spotless.

Remounted the tyre with 100ml and a floor pump. Tyre went up and sealed almost instantly!

I did the dustbin trick with 4bars for a day as an extra measure.

Glad to report tyre held up perfect for the tail seeker ride today!

Edited by NukeproofPeanut

The tyre eventually settled and seems to keep pressure.

Bottom line, dont fit these tyres in a hurry just before a race, give yourself a couple of days and do the dustbin trick

• 2 weeks later...