the 29' dual susser to rule them all?

mokganjetsi

hey guys. finally managed to get my head around the idea of planting R40-50k on my dream ride. i spend most of my time climbing hills and then flying down the single track; do the odd multi-day stage race (Cape Pioneer in 17-days yeah) and have ambitions to ride the Freedom Challenge 2015/16. not worried about the podium but very much so about having a good time!

the question is: which is the one bike to rule them all?

currently my heart is set on a pyga oneten29 with full xt & some premium bits to keep the weight down. since there's no stock at the moment i have the luxury to continue to play around the myriad of possible choices.

i'm 1.88m in my socks and crunch the scale at 95kgs. 

please let me hear your opinions

thanks!

mok

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same height and weight as you and have the same dilemma, and it's quite a fun dilemma at that... Bikes on my shortlist are the new Carbon Pyga, but that will still be a bit of a wait, Santa Cruz Tallboy c and the New Yeti ASRC... I'm leaning towards the Yeti, It's the lightest of the 3 with the frame and shock at 1.9kgs. It has a 120mm fork and according to the reviews is massively fun and fast in the tight and on downhill single track...

i just bought my dream bike...  Santacruz 5010

I went riding with some mates in Mankele last weekend, both of them on Spez Epic 29ers and I can't say that my bike slowed me down.  It was amazing on the downhills and I could keep up with the other folk on the hills so to me the perfect ride.

You want reliable, strong and comfortable. Look at the Giant Anthem X Advanced 29er. It is their carbon dual susser. It is R40 000 and very very reliable. It is also light and super comfortable on long rides.

I ride one and you sound like me. I want to enjoy my rides and not worry about reliability. I also want to be comfortable.

Go and test ride one.

Great Bike for a steal, not sure its the right machine for the OP's requirements...

why? he spends most of his time climbing hills and flying down singletracks, the spark is a great xc bike, the Spez are more marathon inclined or am I wrong? 

Edited by Scott2lovit