the 29' dual susser to rule them all?

mokganjetsi

man there's so much "misery of choice" here :) if i had to rank it at the moment:

#1 Pyga OneTen; Santa Cruz Tallboy; Spez Camber - the Pyga still has my heart because it's local, world class and probably the best value-for-money. if i can find a good second hand deal on the others i will certainly consider it.

#2 Giant Anthem - hear only good things about it and it seems like really good value! i'm just not sold on the "look" of it.

shot for all the advice guys!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please not spez or giant. Propably going to piss people off now but spez is becomming like a white carolla. Every other chop thinks he is burry stander and rides a spez. The bike did not make burry het made it work for him.  Get something that you feel comfortable with and is a little bit exclusive as well. Maybe you will get a better price for it when you thinking of selling it.

• 4 months later...

Lets end this now

http://www.bikes.com/sites/default/files/styles/hero/public/hero/hero_element.jpg?itok=Va_Ld2Ca

drool

Spez Camber is a great choice, ignore the Spez haters.

I'd also take a serious look at Rocky Mountain and Santa Cruz. Sick machines...and more scarce on the tracks.

after a long wait the Green Dragon came home. high five to revolution Cycles in Cape Town for advice, the build and great service. XT groupset, Revelation Fork & American Classic All Mountain wheelset (the rest pretty standard). So stoked !

attachicon.gifGreen Dragon.jpg

Awesome choice!!!

• 1 year later...

after a long wait the Green Dragon came home. high five to revolution Cycles in Cape Town for advice, the build and great service. XT groupset, Revelation Fork & American Classic All Mountain wheelset (the rest pretty standard). So stoked !

attachicon.gifGreen Dragon.jpg

how about an update on this one Mok...how is the dragon doing?

Please not spez or giant. Propably going to piss people off now but spez is becomming like a white carolla. Every other chop thinks he is burry stander and rides a spez. The bike did not make burry het made it work for him.  Get something that you feel comfortable with and is a little bit exclusive as well. Maybe you will get a better price for it when you thinking of selling it.

So your rant is about Spez, why not a Giant? What is wrong with the AnthemX or TranceX?

wow... post revival. Okie was last on here Jan 6th, and has a low low post count. Just count him as another troll and move on.

indeed. and i see the OP hasn't been here for 6 months, must be riding his pyga too much.

BUT reckon the thread has decent value as it's a moving topic.

some new offerings to slot into this title.

• 3 weeks later...

I ride a Pyga oneten 29 .... Awesome on climbs & downhills .... Have done epic, pioneer, Lesotho sky, transbaviaans & many 3 day rides .... Super versatile bike !!! And the new carbon stage is even better if you can stretch the budget .... Otherwise wait a bit & get the oneten 29 ....

So your rant is about Spez, why not a Giant? What is wrong with the AnthemX or TranceX?

I had an epic fail on a Trance X, that silly maestro link broke 15km into a 30km race, fortunately Giant is like Toyota, I managed to limp home.

Now on a Pyga Oneten and loving it.

Edited by Tony datoy