the 29' dual susser to rule them all?

mokganjetsi

after a long wait the Green Dragon came home. high five to revolution Cycles in Cape Town for advice, the build and great service. XT groupset, Revelation Fork & American Classic All Mountain wheelset (the rest pretty standard). So stoked !

attachicon.gifGreen Dragon.jpg

This build has me drooling. I would trade my Anthem X for it anyday.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I wouldn't mind me a Canyon Nerve Al. Just don't know why they only offer it in 3x.post-59129-1463328344,9704.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This thread reminds me of one of our local guys. He also does the longer stuff with his most important event also being the Freedom Challenge.

He rode a Scott Spark 900 Premium for a few years.Last year he decided he wanted more travel for a more comfortable ride and bought a Scott Genius 720 wich he upgraded to full XT.He had the bike for a few months and decided that the 27.5" wheels were to small for his riding style.

He sold the bike for an bargain price and put an order in for his new bike "to rule them all".About 2 weeks ago his Santa Cruz Hightower arrived.His only been on one short ride, but he reckons he will never need to get another bike ever again.

Edited by BenReaper

In my own opinion I really liked the above mentioned Scott Genius,coming off a 29" I liked the feel of the 27.5" wheels and the 150mm travel was more than enough, this combined with the Scott Lockout system made it the perfect bike for almost all kinds of riding IMHO.

Would also like to give the Genius in the 29" and LT versions a test, but I can pretty much see a Scott Genius looming in my future. Dont exactly know when though.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

hey guys. finally managed to get my head around the idea of planting R40-50k on my dream ride. i spend most of my time climbing hills and then flying down the single track; do the odd multi-day stage race (Cape Pioneer in 17-days yeah) and have ambitions to ride the Freedom Challenge 2015/16. not worried about the podium but very much so about having a good time!

the question is: which is the one bike to rule them all?

currently my heart is set on a pyga oneten29 with full xt & some premium bits to keep the weight down. since there's no stock at the moment i have the luxury to continue to play around the myriad of possible choices.

i'm 1.88m in my socks and crunch the scale at 95kgs. 

please let me hear your opinions

thanks!

mok

You can't go wrong with the Pyga. Awesome do it all bike!!