News bot

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's rof, man

See you at the Burger maybe

On the Burger, wouldn't it be great if the try to grow the numbers of that race and also get us road closures. I'm sure the cape cyclists can fill-up more than one "closed road" race in a year..

Whatever happened to the VIP entries? I used to get a mail saying my spot was reserved for a certain amount of time failing which it would be given up to the waiting list...

On the Burger, wouldn't it be great if the try to grow the numbers of that race and also get us road closures. I'm sure the cape cyclists can fill-up more than one "closed road" race in a yea

The timing of Die Burger (30 Nov) this year clashes with the Origin or Trails (28/29th Nov).  Don't think I want to ride Die Burger after 2 days tough mtbing in Stellenbosh.

What is sad is that its my last chance to get seeded :-( 

You will def see a spike in new PPA members next year, this only to get access to an early "VIP" Argus entry. Sneaky way of getting more members because memberships might be a bit down since there is almost no road races.

You will def see a spike in new PPA members next year, this only to get access to an early "VIP" Argus entry. Sneaky way of getting more members because memberships might be a bit down since there is almost no road races.

i agree - the ppa dont cater for the roadies anymore and they were losing members to the clubs who have rides every weekend for just the price of annual subs.

I managed to get my entry in right at the get go. I was EXTREEEEMELY lucky, as it literaly took me less than 4 minutes for the transaction to be complete. When I decided to enter the mtb event I got queued and was informed that I would have to wait something like 48 hours to get my chance...

There is no doubt that the entries closed hectically quickly. If some corporate entries are made available that would be great. Not sure how that notification will be made, but I wont miss that one !!

Whatever happened to the VIP entries? I used to get a mail saying my spot was reserved for a certain amount of time failing which it would be given up to the waiting list...

On the 8th of September I got a VIP email and was able to enter on the 10th of September. It quick and hassle free, Not like the problems that happened with the ppa entries.

Just been to www.cycletour.co.za on Charity Groups page. They will list all the corporate and charity entries by the end of the week.

So sad i missed out i have done 8 races so far - desperate for a ticket what do i do? ????

Quite likely you will find entries here and on OLX closer to the event as people can't go any more

One of my colleagues has done 30 consecutive tours and did not get an entry :eek:

I have only done it 7 times and remembered to enter! You would think if it was a big deal to him he would have made a plan!!

One of my colleagues has done 30 consecutive tours and did not get an entry :eek:

This does not sound right. Has your colleague put in a call to the Cycle Tour Trust yet to enquire why he did not get the VIP option? Not yet in Club 21 myself, but believe they have a seperate VIP process. (Club21 is for those that have completed more than 21 Tours and you then receive a permanent number.)