Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

Just a heads up, there is about a km of dirt road which we covered at 50km/h this year, if you not prepared to gun the dirt road etc maybe die burger a good call.

that just brought back nightmares. it was scary lol!

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did and will use it for the cycle tour seeding. It's the week before they send out seeding. Bumped mine up nicely last year.

I thought the 99er was a seeding race for the following year's Argus

I thought the 99er was a seeding race for the following year's Argus

It is used for both. I know that for me and a lot of friends 99er was only seeding event used for last year cycle tour. Showed you what races it took into consideration. Honestly, all racetec events are used for seeding.

Just a heads up, there is about a km of dirt road which we covered at 50km/h this year, if you not prepared to gun the dirt road etc maybe die burger a good call.

I heard about that stretch.....BUT its the Wifeys birthday.....I"ll rather risk that stretch than do a ride on her birthday.... :ph34r:

Def not full, they did not reach the target number. Friend of mine works for Die Burger newspaper. Entries were maybe closed. 

Neway, maybe his talking out his arse, dunno. 

Burger definitely sold out last year, within 2 weeks.

I am a bit frustrated that they cap the entries at something like 4,000 instead of growing it into an event with proper road closures.

Who knows - maybe that is the plan with the entry fee hike.... (very optimistic from me I know...)

For me The Burger has become a bit of a tradition, the last race of the year before the December holidays and in a way I enjoy it even more than the Argus, so I'll be there but the price hike does leave a bitter taste...

Edited by Skubarra

It is used for both. I know that for me and a lot of friends 99er was only seeding event used for last year cycle tour. Showed you what races it took into consideration. Honestly, all racetec events are used for seeding.

Yep, for those singing the 99er's praises, remember it is traditionally one of the most expensive funrides around - for the life of me I can't find the 2014 entry fees but I'm certain it was above R200 and late entries were almost R300, so you're not going to save money waiting for that one.

Also that gravel section sucked, barely avoided a nasty group crash there and then punctured which meant no seeding for me from that race.

Like Skistar said, they use all racetec events, but usually they cap the weighting of the smaller races at 33% (ie you have to do 3 funrides to get a proper seeding). For the Burger, being a official seeding event you only need that one result to get a proper Argus seeding (my Argus seeding this year was solely based on 1 good Burger ride despite me doing a lot of other races)

Edit - Ok last paragraph would obviously also be relevant for 99er

Edited by Skubarra

Burger definitely sold out last year, within 2 weeks.

I am a bit frustrated that they cap the entries at something like 4,000 instead of growing it into an event with proper road closures.

Who knows - maybe that is the plan with the entry fee hike.... (very optimistic from me I know...)

For me The Burger has become a bit of a tradition, the last race of the year before the December holidays and in a way I enjoy it even more than the Argus, so I'll be there but the price hike does leave a bitter taste...

No, never ever. 

No, never ever. 

Haha, definitely not saying it's a better race, just a personal preference.

Edited by Skubarra