Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

I was thinking of getting back into competitive cycling but with the way entry fees / petrol are on the increase it's not feasible. Back to being a weekend warrior for me!

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by significant price increases for races, you can almost be certain that the 2016 Argus will be way north of R 500.00

I think they will struggle, because more and more people are starting to look at what they are getting for their high entry fees, and realizing that the numbers don't add up.

Who knows, I think a lot of people complain but still enter. Last year they easily sell out.

I see they dropped the short route, which I think was not that clever...

Who knows, I think a lot of people complain but still enter. Last year they easily sell out.

I see they dropped the short route, which I think was not that clever...

I would have considered the short route, if they still had it. Ride with my girlfriend and some younger kids in our family and just take it easy. 

Keep an eye out on the "Training Rides Thread" There will be a few training rides organised on the Burger Stellenbosch Cycle Tour route.

Nice route to ride, even if you did not enter for the race.

Keeps Saturdays 08, 15, 22/11/2014 open!!

I think its good value. It includes breakfast and lunch, on both days. The food was lekka last year. And the routes are just amazing, worth every penny. I absolutely love that race.

Not to forget that some of this entry fee goes towards the upkeep of the Jonkers trail system... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wouldn’t it be nice if organisers of not only this event, but other events as well join The Hub for a predetermined day and time which is advertised on The Hub and engage in an hour question and answer session with members alternatively that a selection of relevant questions from members are selected, presented to organisers and the questions and answers furnished to all members?  Daar kan dan duidelikheid bekom word oor byv waarom die korter roete mee weggedoen is, wat is die agtergrond waarom Die Burger nie meer betrokke is nie , is dit toeval dat die Argus en nou ook die event se naam verander is analoog aan die Argus en ook ander aspekte omtrent die spesifieke event.  Ek sal dit baie meer waardeer om op hoogte te wees met die feitelike situasie as om daaroor te wonder en te bespiegel wat in baie gevalle alleen tot negatiwiteit aanleiding verleen.......of is so iets al op die Hub gedoen en is agteros nou ook in die kraal?  

Wouldn’t it be nice if organisers of not only this event, but other events as well join The Hub for a predetermined day and time which is advertised on The Hub and engage in an hour question and answer session with members alternatively that a selection of relevant questions from members are selected, presented to organisers and the questions and answers furnished to all members?  Daar kan dan duidelikheid bekom word oor byv waarom die korter roete mee weggedoen is, wat is die agtergrond waarom Die Burger nie meer betrokke is nie , is dit toeval dat die Argus en nou ook die event se naam verander is analoog aan die Argus en ook ander aspekte omtrent die spesifieke event.  Ek sal dit baie meer waardeer om op hoogte te wees met die feitelike situasie as om daaroor te wonder en te bespiegel wat in baie gevalle alleen tot negatiwiteit aanleiding verleen.......of is so iets al op die Hub gedoen en is agteros nou ook in die kraal?  

renburg for president :thumbup: 

Keep an eye out on the "Training Rides Thread" There will be a few training rides organised on the Burger Stellenbosch Cycle Tour route.

Nice route to ride, even if you did not enter for the race.

Keeps Saturdays 08, 15, 22/11/2014 open!!

I Like   :thumbup: