Revered Tankwa Trek route gets intriguing tweaks for 2015

News bot

Ask any finisher of the DUTOIT Tankwa Trek mountain bike stage race what stands out about the event and virtually every answer will include references to the race route, which is dramatic, varied, stimulating, suprising and, most importantly, rewarding.

Click here to view the article

This is an awesome event with stunning views, not to be under estimated. That Merino Monster is a killer, not sure what's worse, the moerse climb or the moerse downhill after the climb!

I am already entered. It is very highly recommended so I am super excited for it. Heard about this climb. I am quite strong up hill so look forward to it. I wonder if my single speed will want to join me on this one.

Good luck on the ss, you're going to bleed through your eyes, ears and nose if you're not going to change the gearing each day. I rode geared with my Niner MCR with carbon rigid fork, shook my arms out of it's sockets after the Merino Monster climb, almost had no feeling in my fingers to use the brakes!

No, too much suffering, better to ask Tunariaan here on the hub, he rode 2014 Tankwa Trek on his green single speed, not sure if he changed the gearing for each stage to lessen the pain.

Hoping to do it again. Unbelievable venue and ride. Most classic picture I have is of the dude throwing his bike over the side of Merino Monster...

The heat was also interesting. .

Tom

Have entered, along with a krazy Kenyan and two smart-ass surgeons...getting psyched already.

Any tips from guys who have ridden it for training, nutrition, tyres, etc??

any advice appreciated

The only tip i can give you is to take the time to enjoy the views, it's absolutely breathtaking.

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Don't know it there will be any entries left...but would like to do it. Just don't know if I can do this and also Xterra (full) the weekend after  :huh: