Bontrager RXL MTB Freehub

DaCube

Hi... I have a Bontrager RXL 29" rear wheelset, and I am looking for a replacement freehub. The only markings I can see on the freehub is "2010 I.F". How do I determine the exact model of freehub to get, and where would I be able to buy it? The bike is a 2011(I think) Trek Superfly 100 FS 29" Carbon. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. DC

post-48252-0-66853300-1412330180_thumb.jpgpost-48252-0-81429300-1412330188_thumb.jpg

I still need to go down to a friend of mine bike shop and sit and check , maybe there is a other brand type that will fit on it and work.  

Thanks for all the input. The way I understand it, and this could be way off, is that up until around 2008/2009, the freehubs were by DT Swiss, but from around 2010, they are Bontrager designed.

I have now found the exact model of the wheelset on the Trek website: Bontrager Race X Lite TLR Disc CL. I just need to find a way of buying that exact freehub. Trek apparently do not sell online (again I could be wrong there) and there is no Trek store in Durban.

Thanks again for the help.

DC

post-48252-0-91589100-1412341932_thumb.jpg

Ahh I see. Well, last advice I have is to try and contact the new Distributors, their details are in this article:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/industry-news/dark-horse-brands-appointed-as-exclusive-distributor-for-trek-bontrager-in-south-africa-r1596

And then Bike Basement up in JHB are the only Trek/Bontrager exclusive store I know, maybe they could help you out with a part etc.

http://www.thesportsbasement.co.za/

Thanks Vangar...

I've now sent the request and picture to both Dark Horse Brands and to The Bike Basement. After speaking to them, I'm sure at least one of them will be able to supply the freehub.

Happy trails.

DC