Nissan Trailseeker #5

corrie.kuilder

Love the towel,it found its way permanently into my gym bag,lol.

+1 and i'm sure that little bag the towel was in will come in handy for something else soon as well.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone confirm then, that if they do not deliver before Saturday, that I can get the racepack at the event? Thanks

Got my race pack today. Not everyone will get a race-pack from Aramex only they who chose it as an extra and paid for it.

Or if you are lucky like me it happens by default. I ordered the option the first time but did not get the service and the following two races just received the service without choosing it.

Can someone confirm then, that if they do not deliver before Saturday, that I can get the racepack at the event? Thanks

Yes you can pick up on race day. Registration starts at 0600 I think. Iv done it every time as I really cant get out during work hours. I have issues for road races because a lot of them you have to register during the week.

Still waiting for Aramex to deliver my race pack. Hope it happens tomorrow otherwise its a very early Saturday.

Hi, Will not call myself semi pro Ninja and did not really know what seeding index is required for C batch, Set myself a target to get in under two hours, so looking at that I will not make it to C but lets see, do not know how overtaking of the slower guys in previous bunches will affect me so maybe I am optimistic. Especially as I only started cycling 4 weeks ago after four months of no cycling. But lets see what happens on Saturday.

I started in d batch at the last race and fin n a time of 1.47.00 ( 1st s.a.seeding race) got given an index of 41.57 what ever that means. Have entered the 70 km this time and have been put into e batch. Finished 10th in d batch last time ,how does that equate?

Got my race pack today. Not everyone will get a race-pack from Aramex only they who chose it as an extra and paid for it.

Or if you are lucky like me it happens by default. I ordered the option the first time but did not get the service and the following two races just received the service without choosing it.

The Aramex service is free as far as I know. But it is a bit of a hit and miss affair at the moment, I have selected the option twice, and my race pack was only delivered once. And it was once delivered without me selecting the option - were supposed to pick it up. Still waiting for mine - Hopefully I still get it tomorrow sometime...

I started in d batch at the last race and fin n a time of 1.47.00 ( 1st s.a.seeding race) got given an index of 41.57 what ever that means. Have entered the 70 km this time and have been put into e batch. Finished 10th in d batch last time ,how does that equate?

Hi Thfc. If you go here:  http://www.saseeding.co.za/faqs/ there is an explanation of how your seeding index is calculated and why you will move between batches at different events. But a quick summary:

The aim is to get your seeding as close to 0 as possible (much like in golf!?)

For a half marathon (like you did before) the winner is assigned a 20, The rest of the field gets higher numbers according to statistics. In the marathon the winner is assigned a 10 and in ultra's a 0.

Your 41.75 would have you in the back of B batch for this race on the half marathon, but for the full, it puts you in E as you know.