Centurion Roadies

Gunston

I have recently moved from Fourways to Centurion and miss having the Cradle on my doorstep.  Where do the roadies in the Centurion area go for a ride?  Any organised group rides I can join?

• 1 month later...

Hello Gunston

Lots of activity on Botha Avenue, but struggling with attempted hi-jacking's etc. 

Everybody is advising riding in a group, I'm also looking for riding buddy's.

We usually do a loop from Centurion Golf estate to eeufees  using Botha Avenue and back to the golf estate, that's about 30km's every second day.

The road itself( Botha ) is great, its just the safety that is a concern.

Maybe we can change the route to suit you, let me know if you want to join forces.

Hello,

The most active group is the Zenex cycle group.

Start C/O Jean Ave and Rabie Street.

On the corner there is a Zenex garage.

We start Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 5:00 AM prompt.

On weekends, Saterday's and Sunday's at 5:30.

I have been with the group for almost more than a year.

Very pleasant bunch of people!

My fitness increased alot since riding with them

Come and join us!

regards

Louis

Hello louisf1

That sounds great!!!!!

Roadies I presume? What's the avg speed? and distance ?

You guys are going to see me there

Bru, I live in clubview and train currently on my own (training partner is sidelined)

I run and bike 4 days a week, but start very early (4:30) and finishes by 6 (work in rosslyn and have to be there at 7:30)

Weekend usually races

Do about 35-40km with the mtb on tar and average depending what I do up to 28km/h

let me know if you want to join

Edited by RABUBI

i think Cycle lab centurion have organised rides. just give them a call to find out times etc. i think anyone is welcome, but i am not sure. 

i think Cycle lab centurion have organised rides. just give them a call to find out times etc. i think anyone is welcome, but i am not sure. 

As far as I know, the Zenex guys are from Cycle Lab Centurion.

Jip, its the Zenex group. They do hill training on Tuesdays at klapperkop, race pace wendesdays, steady ride Thursdays to loftus and shorter ride with some that stop for coffe on friday

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, apologies for my late reply. Anybody can join. The Zenex club is inter-club setup. Avg 50 km distance, some do more. Speed various alot with Wednesday's being a hammer fest. Tuesday hill repeats, thursday's more easy ride. Some of us ride through december. It's sort of under Cycle lab, but as mentioned, the more the marrier. Saturday's mostly MTB, weekdays always road. See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo All, is there any groups that start at 04:00 or 04:30 latest? I work in JHB and must take kids to school, thus 05:00 is a tad too late.

I live in Eldoraigne and can commit for at least twice a week for the whole of 2015.

• 3 months later...

Hallo All, is there any groups that start at 04:00 or 04:30 latest? I work in JHB and must take kids to school, thus 05:00 is a tad too late.

I live in Eldoraigne and can commit for at least twice a week for the whole of 2015.

Hello, apologies for my late reply. Anybody can join. The Zenex club is inter-club setup. Avg 50 km distance, some do more. Speed various alot with Wednesday's being a hammer fest. Tuesday hill repeats, thursday's more easy ride. Some of us ride through december. It's sort of under Cycle lab, but as mentioned, the more the marrier. Saturday's mostly MTB, weekdays always road. See you there!

Hi,Is there still group rides at Zenex ?

Hi there.

Anybody that can do 4:00-4:30 AM? 5AM is a bit late for me, as I need to get kids to school etc.

Would like to do the 5AM ride though, am sure I will join it sometime...

I am in Clubview