on Kindle: Everything you need to know about Bicycle Chains - Author Johan Bornman

straatvark

"He is the former science and technology editor of a leading Johannesburg newspaper..."

Anyone know which one? 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think you measure chain wear with a chain checker tool you need to buy this book.

It is Nobel prize season and I am awaiting the Physics announcement with baited breath.

It is a travesty that such original thought and genius has hitherto not been recognised.

Swiss I am getting older, my time is limited, 91 pages is a few hours that my poor children will never get back, as a old man I need to be very careful with time allocation

Sure Dips, all us 50 yr olds have that problem...and i dont think u even reached 50 yet?

Point is and dont take it personal, hubbers have time to speak *** all day and pick on something contructive done by someone, but very few if any have even bothered to read the damn book.

Sure Dips, all us 50 yr olds have that problem...and i dont think u even reached 50 yet?

Point is and dont take it personal, hubbers have time to speak *** all day and pick on something contructive done by someone, but very few if any have even bothered to read the damn book.

This guy is serious ^^^^^^^^^

We are discussing the author and Lipstiek Dipstiek, topics we are qualified to discuss. If you have the time to read the book please post a summary here.

Actualy it looks more like a lets pick on JB thread

No i wont be doing any review, i belong to the wipe it clean, lube and ride till it starts giving **** club.

... but if you can convince yourself that you're the only one who knows anything a little knowledge goes very far.

We are discussing the author and Lipstiek Dipstiek, topics we are qualified to discuss. If you have the time to read the book please post a summary here.

A very light-hearted: 'Indeed'  :mellow:

Please close the fecking thread though, the negative overshadow the positive here

No i wont be doing any review, i belong to the wipe it clean, lube and ride till it starts giving **** club.

Say you'd read a number of short stories, and found them wanting, would you buy a novel by the same author?

Can't wait for the sequel!!! I heard its a bit longer at 113 pages and is all about lubing the chain.

Exciting stuff

If there's a chapter called "Breaking the Chain", Willy Voet has grounds to sue...

Edited by Tumbleweed

Please ,please mother Theresa, nobody picked on JB.

The guys are discussing the "book" and how one can have 91 pages on a chain.

Say you'd read a number of short stories, and found them wanting, would you buy a novel by the same author?

No probably not, but somewhere in time a saying came about

"Dont judge a book by its cover"

I realize it does not refer to the author.

Not really, you need to understand that it will take around 89 pages of describing the definition between stretch and elongate .

Then two pages on how to measure a chain and replacing of chains and what types of chains you get (speed)

Then the book is in and amongst millions of other e-books on Amazon that people publish where you can have anything from how the peel potatoes to how to murder your mother in law and dodge the forensics .

my bad....

Please ,please mother Theresa, nobody picked on JB.

The guys are discussing the "book" and how one can have 91 pages on a chain.

Discussing or dissing?

Maybe you need to read it first or at least browse thru it before discussing it.

If you think you measure chain wear with a chain checker tool you need to buy this book.

I did not always agree with Johan but his lesson on how to check chain wear was spot on and has served me well. Saved me money also.

Its not the tool but the how, measure from outside ie the plates and not the rollers. Nothing more to it