on Kindle: Everything you need to know about Bicycle Chains - Author Johan Bornman

straatvark

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Discussing or dissing?

Maybe you need to read it first or at least browse thru it before discussing it.

Like mentioned earlier, it appeared on the hub at one point. 

Finding time to read that would be a bit of a stretch.

I somehow missed the positive...what is it exactly?

a) That comeback for example was moer funny without getting the author involved. (It made me chuckle anyway...)

b) SwissVan reasoning.

Look,JB's online personality pissed me off sometimes and contribute very valuable advice (to me) other times. I spend 2 days with him 6 years ago and his offline personalty was great. I will repeat the experience any day.

But for discussion the book - is not important if you like or dislike the author's personality.

Play the ball and not the man.

a) That comeback for example was moer funny without getting the author involved. (It made me chuckle anyway...)

b) SwissVan reasoning.

Look,JB's online personality pissed me off sometimes and contribute very valuable advice (to me) other times. I spend 2 days with him 6 years ago and his offline personalty was great. I will repeat the experience any day.

But for discussion the book - is not important if you like or dislike the author's personality.

Sure, whether I like him as a person or not has got nothing to do with this. I think we have played the ball(91 page book on chain) vs him personally

b) SwissVan reasoning.

You are 100% correct.

His online personality annoyed me greatly (especially the bit where he claimed that Victor Momsen and Patrick Morewood must have mail ordered the Momsen Vipa design from China because no engineer in SA can design a bike).

I have been guilty of playing the man and not the book and I apologize.