MTB Rivonia

Raggy

Hi

I been riding for a few months now. I am looking for someone/group to ride with in the morning. I live a stones throw from the spruit and ride it on weekends but not too keen on doing it alone in the early mornings during the week.

Anyone looking for a riding partner or someone to train with during the week? Mountain bike in and around Rivonia, Bryanston

I am no speed demon. Probably avg 20km/h on spruit going up and down to Bryanston drive

Anyone willing to take a new training partner under their wing?

If you like, there is a "Bus Ride" that goes from the Engen on Main road at 5am on Wednesday & Friday. The Wed route is via Kylami and the Fri route is a surf&turf ride where it follows the road cyclists to Emmerentia and then jumps onto the Sruit and heads back to Bryanston.... great bunch of guys to ride with.

A group of us do the Spruit from Bryanston Drive most Wednesday mornings, we start at 7 round Emmies and back, and it's not a hectic paced ride, just a midweek laugh, you're welcome to join... the more the merrier!

@Paul - What sort of speed is done. What time is ride complete. 

@ MTBc - Unfortunately I have a job so can start 5ish but must be done by 7am

@ MTBc - Unfortunately Fortunately, I have a job so can start 5ish but must be done by 7am

There, fixed it.

Usually only hit the Spruit on the way in to work a little later, usually just after 8.

Im a consultant so all over the show.

Commuting into work would be great as our offices are in Dunkeld but never there and when I am there isnt a shower.

So spruit mud the whole day at the office would not work.

My job also doesnt allow me to start at 9am

haha, yeah. I wish we had showers here. Freshen up kit + disabled toilets work just as well. Upside of flexi hours is i get to ride in a little later, after dropping the kids at school.

The flip side is that the return ride requires lighting to get home.

I alternate between doing road from Engen on Main to the Spruit. Normally on the Spruit by 4:30 - 4:40 and I hop on by the DHL/Honda Dealer by Peter Place. Let me know if you want to join.

I am really glad there so many great guys out there that are willing to take me out for a spin.

Pusher I may just take you up on that offer ( Extremely early as it is)

Have done Spruit from Rivonia rd MacDonalds down  Bryanston drive to spruit  , and have to say the climb back up the Bryanston Dr sticking to the pavement is a killer finishing leg !!!

I am really glad there so many great guys out there that are willing to take me out for a spin.

Pusher I may just take you up on that offer ( Extremely early as it is)

I would like to join you some time don't like doing Spruit on own !!

and also new to cycling so no speed deamon , just need some mileage on legs  and some one to pace with and some get up and go !!!

pm me and lets touch base

Have done Spruit from Rivonia rd MacDonalds down Bryanston drive to spruit , and have to say the climb back up the Bryanston Dr sticking to the pavement is a killer finishing leg !!!

Hang a left up St. James. Less traffic and less grade

• 1 month later...

Hi

I been riding for a few months now. I am looking for someone/group to ride with in the morning. I live a stones throw from the spruit and ride it on weekends but not too keen on doing it alone in the early mornings during the week.

Anyone looking for a riding partner or someone to train with during the week? Mountain bike in and around Rivonia, Bryanston

I am no speed demon. Probably avg 20km/h on spruit going up and down to Bryanston drive

Anyone willing to take a new training partner under their wing?

Hi, 

I am also no speed monster and could join you on a few rides. Im in the sandton area PM me if you are interested

If you're interested in an afternoon ride GC, we ride every Wednesday from the Old Rose Pub in Petervale.

Down Cowley to the Spruit and then to Delta / Emmarentia.

Wheels rolling at 4pm. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow.