JUMA Rant - Show me the money

MTB-BFK

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly now, why is it whenever someone airs a fair and honest gripe that is important to them it is considered trolling?  Just because it may be hard to swallow does not make it untrue, nor abusive - its just not roses and sunshine, or is that all that is acceptable these days?.  Why must it all be roses and sunshine?  Don't you want things to improve?  Pretending its all rosy is not going to achieve this, surely?

Mtb-Bfk, there was nothing fair and honest about your commentary! Many hundreds of people offered their feedback in a civil and constructive manner. Yours was insulting and slanderous. In this instance you are actually wrong. Face it!

Saying that this was a scheme to rip people off, where no effort was put in, is not constructive and does certainly not lend itself to an improved event.

Probably not... I am 99% sure that this is the biggest urban mtb event in the world - despite the issues people experienced, I think it was a fair effort for a first event.

Can it be improved - sure it can - I think the key point is now watching the organisers considered response to fair criticism and suggestions for improvement.

And - based on the few facebook posts I have seen, I am sure they will take some of them to heart for next year.

One of the things they can't do much about is the obvious lack of skill of some of the participants, and the demonstrated shortage of judgement of others... all they can do is plan a response to those.

Probably not... I am 99% sure that this is the biggest urban mtb event in the world - despite the issues people experienced, I think it was a fair effort for a first event.

Can it be improved - sure it can - I think the key point is now watching the organisers considered response to fair criticism and suggestions for improvement.

And - based on the few facebook posts I have seen, I am sure they will take some of them to heart for next year.

One of the things they can't do much about is the obvious lack of skill of some of the participants, and the demonstrated shortage of judgement of others... all they can do is plan a response to those.

chicken runs and stairs on the ramps by the sounds of things

This forum is very forgiving, and fair enough, the people have spoken. 

I stand by my comments - this race was a disgraceful exemplification of greed overriding everything, including physical safety - just read the comments dealing with how many serious injuries occurred, and their p1ss-poor organisation around EMT, despite having routed the course intentionally through storm drains!! - miracle nobody died.  Well done, you got the cash.

you do have some point ( as well as your own opinion) there...

wonder how tight their  "indemnity" was...i actually shudder to think if that would have carried any weight should a serious injury have occurred... (the type where indemnities are being scrutinised in a court of law....) :eek: :eek:

I think it was a great 1st try.

Yes, there where bottle necks, not enough water, marshals where mostly useless and a tin if other things. My big moan is no medal as i am building a stash. But hell! Its the 1st try... Image how well tun this thing will be in 3 year! We need ti support new races and new sponsor. Especially a new concept such as this.

Ps makining money ? Of course thats the idea.. Plus you forgot marketing costs

I think it was a great 1st try.

Yes, there where bottle necks, not enough water, marshals where mostly useless and a tin if other things. My big moan is no medal as i am building a stash. But hell! Its the 1st try... Image how well tun this thing will be in 3 year! We need ti support new races and new sponsor. Especially a new concept such as this.

Ps makining money ? Of course thats the idea.. Plus you forgot marketing costs

well first of all I think the price tag was an indication that this is overrated - so hence I decided to not part take

- GLAD  I did not hearing the feedback and the only way to stop this daylight robbery is to boykot it for NEXT year - dont go!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhhhh....I can hear a cricket in my garden.

Kriek kriek.

Everyone is just catching their breath, next round going to start soon.  Amazing how almost everything to do with the Spruit ends in a lekker fistfight :whistling:

post-57454-0-63727100-1413222248_thumb.jpg

:whistling: Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:25

Bottom, on 08 Oct 2014 - 1:00 PM, said:snapback.png

4,500 riders. Is that for both the 52km and the 22km? Any idea how many on the 52km? Looks like a fun course, just worried that it'll bottleneck easily (like 94.7 MTB)... 

I am seeing traffic jams at emmarentia and bottlenecks with 3000 riders on single tract in my crystal ball .I hope I am wrong !.Sitting this one out and will wait for report :whistling:

Edited by Blitzer

kriek kriek, chiep chiep, cheap cheap....

ZAR 350 to enter thats cheap IMHO, does not even buy a kilo of PnP biltong.

You peps in SA are spoilt rotten wrt to the quantity and quality of mtb and cycle events that cater for the masses. Something like this event (across a major city  network) would not be possible in many countries...to many if's and buts (rules, regulations and costs) involved.

Be carefull how much and how loud you moan....

I was thinking just now with all the biatching a moaning, if I was the guy signing beeeeeg cheques for events I don't think there is any other sport that comes close to moaning as much as "men in Lycra " my cheque might rather go towards a TOUGH sport like netball, most those "ladies" have more bottle