Cycle Tour '15 (Argus) training Southern Suburbs

Lizzy

Hi,

I am attempting my first Argus in 2015 and reside in the Southern Suburbs CT.

Anyone around here training for the Argus? Need cycle training 'buddies' during the week.

:rolleyes:

Do you have a goal time?

Also when are you available to train?

Hi there,

Finishing it would be great for me >_<

I am thinking of morning cycles before work, weekends I do 1 cycle (when able)

I'm in Claremont and there's an awesome loop in Bishopscourt I like to use to do most solo week day training. (Roads are far quieter there...)

I suggest you find a safe loop of roughly 3kms or so in your area. It should have some uphill stretch somewhere along it and do laps on this to get in the majority of your base training!

Plenty of people based in the Southern 'burbs, so finding someone with a similar schedule should be easy!

Good luck with training!

I'm in Claremont and there's an awesome loop in Bishopscourt I like to use to do most solo week day training. (Roads are far quieter there...)

I suggest you find a safe loop of roughly 3kms or so in your area. It should have some uphill stretch somewhere along it and do laps on this to get in the majority of your base training!

Plenty of people based in the Southern 'burbs, so finding someone with a similar schedule should be easy!

Good luck with training!

Thanks =)

Good luck! I'm also doing my first Argus next year. At the moment i'm trying to get as much as possiable saddle time. Having an indoor training has been working great for me. 

Pity i'm from the Northern subs but I have a friend that's your side of the world that's in the same position. I'll chat to him and if he is interested I'll let you know. 

I'll be back on my bike properly in the next week or so. If you want a morning spin up Canterbury - Rhodes Drive - Constantia Nek down to Constantia Mall - Wynberg Hill give me a shout. Its about 20 kays - I am completely useless as I was on crutches until recently (not that I was really any good before).

Tom

Good luck! I'm also doing my first Argus next year. At the moment i'm trying to get as much as possiable saddle time. Having an indoor training has been working great for me. 

Pity i'm from the Northern subs but I have a friend that's your side of the world that's in the same position. I'll chat to him and if he is interested I'll let you know. 

Awesome thanks!

Saddle time >_< I need to get onto it!!!

I'll be back on my bike properly in the next week or so. If you want a morning spin up Canterbury - Rhodes Drive - Constantia Nek down to Constantia Mall - Wynberg Hill give me a shout. Its about 20 kays - I am completely useless as I was on crutches until recently (not that I was really any good before).

Tom

All depends on what time in the morning...

I have to be back at home by 7h30 to get ready for work