Momentum 94.7 Mountain Bike Challenge

Odinson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you just want to brag about your shoes :ph34r:

Not much to brag about - the cheapest model. They still are not made for walking though.

Not much to brag about - the cheapest model. They still are not made for walking though.

Sounds like we might be sinking in sand rather than walking!!

Great event. Well excecuted. They listened and learned. Now a decent mtb challenge. Kudos

The ride itself was awesome, no bottlenecks, no hassles... Parking was OK, but... Next Sunday will be a disaster with so many people trying to get in

The ride itself was awesome, no bottlenecks, no hassles... Parking was OK, but... Next Sunday will be a disaster with so many people trying to get in

Agreed. Today was actually about 10%. I am referring to today only being well executed. Edited by TALUS

Jip awesome day out. Really 10000000x better than previous years. Just my results not up on racetec yet. Anybody else as well still waiting for the results online?

But yes well done 94,7 for a kick ass mtb event. Thank u !!! Big smiles.

Jip awesome day out. Really 10000000x better than previous years. Just my results not up on racetec yet. Anybody else as well still waiting for the results online?

But yes well done 94,7 for a kick ass mtb event. Thank u !!! Big smiles.

Ja same here no results

Sounds like we might be sinking in sand rather than walking!!

they trying to promote fat bikes - I can see right through them

Big up to the organizers - 947 now officially has a MTB race! 10000x better than previous years. Did not enjoy the new track in Steyn city - did not flow and was too tight. Other than that all good!

Agreed. Today was a good example of how a MTB race should be organised. Watering points, medics, markings and the route were all all spot on for a popular participation event like this. Furthermore, considering how many people were entered, the route flowed and it was congestion free.  

But I do fear for next weekend, and the ability of the R511 and Riverside being able to deal with 10X the traffic. Hopefully the city deploys traffic officers outside Diepsloot, where robots were not working and taxi drivers were a law unto themselves as usual, causing congestion.

So lets hear it,

Rave or Rants.

Personally enjoyed it, was good on my way to a 3.00 on the 55km when my left knee decided to give in on me at 40km, over compensated with right, that then cramped up, followed by left cramping. :)

But finished in a not to bad time considering.

Enjoyed the route, 

G

Awesome ride.. Loved the hill.. Not one bottle neck...

Getting in was easy.. Problem going home

Towards four ways traffic jam started basically at the entrance to past Broadacres, you could see the line of cars a couple of kilometres long and the opposite way easier apart from the 3 dead robots in Diepsloot

Seeding was a bit out IMO.

Batches where done properly and no bottle necks.

Course was ok, a bit boring

Don't understand why it was advertised a 55 and ended being 59, I hate when that happens, If you know its longer tell us at the start.

But overall much better than last year :)

I ended on 57.9km.

Was a lekker ride. Also totally replicate-able for next year from what I could see, little I would think should be changed.

Traffic next weekend is going to be a mess.

Going to ask the admins to Merge this thread with the 94.7 thread, just found it.

G