Fun mtb run down Rubenstein

daanjg

Okay, to all the people that say it is wrong to go against traffic on the side walk.

What the (insert your own curse word here) should I do here?

And not use this road does not apply.  I have to use this road to get to work.  So I have to use the sidewalk and grass and all the not so nice paths next to the road (on the wrong side of the road non the less) to get to work.

post-686-0-47852400-1413369304_thumb.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you follow the rules of the road. Just like you expect cars to do.

Catch a wake up.

WE CANNOT COMPLAIN IF WE DONT KEEP TO THE RULES OF THE ROAD

In my neighborhood the sidewalk is only on one side. Therefore I also go against the flow. Very confused now

That looks like fun and some impressive bunny hops along the way. Thanks for the video.

Agree with the bunny hops.  If I made the same video, I would have been long dead.

As a kid I was always taught to stay off the roads while walking or cycling, but when there was no other option, I was taught to go against the flow of traffic so I could see if a car was coming for me so I could get the rock out of there. 

In my neighborhood the sidewalk is only on one side. Therefore I also go against the flow. Very confused now

Side Walk. Not side Cycle.

Hope that it helps to clear it up for you.

Interested to know how you got the speed to show in the vid. Nice touch that.

Yeah that is very cool to have. I use the Garmin Virb Elite camera that comes with build in GPS. When you load your vid into the Virb edit software on the computer it autimatically syncs the GPS data and overlay it onto the vid. And you can customize the overlays to display what you like.

Side Walk. Not side Cycle.

Hope that it helps to clear it up for you.

Nee dit doen nie. Sal jou taal praat. Sypaadjie. Verduidelik nou

Yeah that is very cool to have. I use the Garmin Virb Elite camera that comes with build in GPS. When you load your vid into the Virb edit software on the computer it autimatically syncs the GPS data and overlay it onto the vid. And you can customize the overlays to display what you like.

.....but it does not measure G-forces......and that is where the problem lies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwT0YA2OXhU

......but since you acknowledged that it is a montage of separate smaller clips combined into a single video.......mmmmm.......a bit of video trickery there, creating an illusion.......G-force not a problem. 

Edited by BarHugger

Ter verdere inligting: Die Britte en engelse Suid-Afrikaners roep hom "pavement" :D :D

Okay, to all the people that say it is wrong to go against traffic on the side walk.

What the (insert your own curse word here) should I do here?

And not use this road does not apply.  I have to use this road to get to work.  So I have to use the sidewalk and grass and all the not so nice paths next to the road (on the wrong side of the road non the less) to get to work.

Kyk die prentjies ...

I was going to say you stupid for riding on the wrong side of the road but realized I also do it on one particular part of a route. But mine does not include jumps... I guess it's up to you, if you feel safe doing it and are willing to bare the consequences, then go for it. 

.....but it does not measure G-forces......and that is where the problem lies

......but since you acknowledged that it is a montage of separate smaller clips combined into a single video.......mmmmm.......a bit of video trickery there, creating an illusion.......G-force not a problem. 

Apparently you can connect various devices through wifi to the Virb as you ride and record, and sync their data later as well to overlay more info, but I don't know if you get G-force meters.

I have been riding Skateboards,BMX and mountain bikes for years now, down that very hill to many times to mention, and all the surrounding hills.

To this day I can't help myself to fly down a good downhill and bunny hop or manual (wheelie for those who don't know the term) curbs, driveways etc. it's the way I learned to ride a bike and I will continue to ride like that. Yes I have fallen and hit a lamp post or two but it happens.

To OP (daanjg) nice run and don't worry about the haters, they will always have something to say. You talk about anticipating things ahead and what not, I can't agree more. Any person that has good bike skills and rides the way you do knows what to look for if that makes any sense. That being said it will really suck if you hit a pedestrian, not cool. Hit a car, well that's your problem.

Think the video was cool and good riding! Keep going. This video actually made the hub worth while to post.

Guest dilldesigns

Great run and a descent edit daanjg. You put the effort in and i respect that. Pay no attention to the trolls and haters, they all watched the vid and secretly enjoyed it :)

Lets try again, you may be surprised to know that I am actually a soutpiel.

You can say what you want to.

I have been taken out by cars twice already.

You are welcome to use the search function to verify this.

I am a passionate about bicycle safety. Thanks to a drunk driver, my son who was showing incredible talent as a cyclist is now too afraid to cycle. He was involved in our first incident with a car.

We see daily reports of cyclists being taken out by cars, some , like myself were lucky enough to survive the accident.

To go flying down a sidewalk, placing yourself, pedestrians and motorists in danger is just plain irresponsible.

People like Wyatt Earp and Nathrix do sterling work behind the scenes to ensure safer roads for cyclists.

We fight about our rights as cyclists everyday.

Motorists see this guy flying down the sidewalk as per the video clip. Why should they respect us if we have no respect for road rules.

A few rebels around here seem to think it is very cool.

Good for them.

I consider and will continue to consider this video as unacceptable and very irresponsible.