Cape Epic 2015

nathrix

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 we had CRAZY hard days and then *moderate* days made hard by the weather...

This seems like somewhere in between.......almost every day.

Not going to be a walk in the park.

Im jealous  :wacko:

Meerendal loses prologue then but gets the grand finish.

I'd like to see how Meerendal is going to cope with all the traffic. A staggered prologue where most of the riders are done by the time the pro's start proved to be a strain on the Meerendal logistics team in the last few years. I would think that there would be 2 to 3 times more traffic for the finish. Wellington to Meerendal? Perhaps a little dirt road to Rheebokskloof, a little more dirt road to Hoogekraal and this year's prologue route in reverse, i.e. up the quarry and down stairway?

As always a really tough day 2 / stage 1. Typical Epic tactic to weed out the under-prepared riders early on although these types of riders reduce in number each year.

:D

the amount of climbing is insane! 

( anyone want my entry?)

Ja, give it to me, a bad day on the bike is way better than a good day in the horriffice  :clap:

As always a really tough day 2 / stage 1. Typical Epic tactic to weed out the under-prepared riders early on although these types of riders reduce in number each year.

jip.. it screws up your revenue model when you aim to get rid of 25% of the field by day 3 and then only 12% fell out.

Just double click.

http://cdn.flaticon.com/png/256/29258.png

i send you a present

http://users.skynet.be/fd590957/wis/images/animated-box%5B1%5D.gif

jip.. it screws up your revenue model when you aim to get rid of 25% of the field by day 3 and then only 12% fell out.

I know it appears that way, but does it really?

Entries paid for lumpsum upfront, not per day.

more tents to be put up(by volunteers)

more food for dinner(donated, surely)

if anything more people in the village spins more cash through all the retail stuff they have setup on site.

I know it appears that way, but does it really?

Entries paid for lumpsum upfront, not per day.

more tents to be put up(by volunteers)

more food for dinner(donated, surely)

if anything more people in the village spins more cash through all the retail stuff they have setup on site.

big costs are catering (not a free / donated service)

Transport (if they can off-load 200 to 300 bags from the system before the first change in location, they save a bundle)

logistics on the route ( provisioning of water points, medics, marshals)

logistics in the village (toilet and shower rentals)

I recall that riders who abandon the event is no longer welcome to use the facilities that are for riders only, i.e. dining area, showers, tents etc. If this has changed in the meantime then I am wrong, but if not, it really is telling you a story...