Nick

The problem with Yeti (locally) is the post sale service and availability of spare parts.... I know a number of people who are waiting on rear swing arms for the Yeti SB66. For this reason alone I would not go for this bike.

Price tag according to the Yeti site (in USD):

PRICING

SB5C ENDURO $4,999

SB5C RACE $6,299

SB5C RACE + ENVE WHEELS $8,699

SB5C X01 $6,599

SB5C X01 + ENVE WHEELS $8,999

SB5C XX1 $10,599  

FRAME ONLY

SB5C $3,399  

UPGRADES

Thomson Covert Dropper $350

The problem with Yeti (locally) is the post sale service and availability of spare parts.... I know a number of people who are waiting on rear swing arms for the Yeti SB66. For this reason alone I would not go for this bike.

Price tag according to the Yeti site (in USD):

PRICING

SB5C ENDURO $4,999

SB5C RACE $6,299

SB5C RACE + ENVE WHEELS $8,699

SB5C X01 $6,599

SB5C X01 + ENVE WHEELS $8,999

SB5C XX1 $10,599  

FRAME ONLY

SB5C $3,399  

UPGRADES

Thomson Covert Dropper $350

Morningside Cycles in Rivonia are local agents.

That's the problem mm cycles they are always keen to sell ,but don't try bothering them when things go wrong you will a big arrogant slap

Mooi was nog nooit lelik, of goedkoop nie... Very nice bike that. Probably (read: definitely) too complicated but man; the engineer in me likes!

Frame & Shock: R36,000

Complete Bikes: R75,000

Alu /Carbon frames complete starting R52,000

Hmmm, shall I buy a bicycle or a high performance MX bike? I think I'll buy the MX bike, cheaper to maintain.

Hmmm, shall I buy a bicycle or a high performance MX bike? I think I'll buy the MX bike, cheaper to maintain.

Did mx for 4 years, most painfull 4 years of my life. When they throw you off,they throw you off. :D

Would I buy another one, in a heartbeat yes.

Edited by Johny Bravo

Ja one of the issues I think is water bottle space.

It's hot in Africa if u doing Marathon stage racing you need to carry at least 2x. 600mm bottles.???

Frame & Shock: R36,000

Complete Bikes: R75,000

Alu /Carbon frames complete starting R52,000

Eish struggle to see that type of value in a frame / bike  .. considering I have a very nice Fiat panel van for R50k on the market </plug>

unfortunately with mountain bikes you don't buy value, you buy fun/enjoyment.  unfortunately what makes a bike fun and a ride enjoyable is a) good suspension components, b) a stiff and light frame and c) and stiff and light wheelset

all of the above are exceptionally difficult to design and manufacture and the companies that get it right know it which means that they keep their prices high...  

unfortunately with mountain bikes you don't buy value, you buy fun/enjoyment.  unfortunately what makes a bike fun and a ride enjoyable is a) good suspension components, b) a stiff and light frame and c) and stiff and light wheelset

all of the above are exceptionally difficult to design and manufacture and the companies that get it right know it which means that they keep their prices high...  

As opposed to designing a high performance engine with 100's of moving parts...

The cycling industry has lost its mind. It is crazy that a top end 'Enduro' MTB is way more expensive than a top end Hard Enduro Machine (like a KTM 300 6-days) which comes kitted out with all the bells & whistles.