The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

Am such a noob, both on here and for 36One .. I am keen to find out if there are any crazy kzn peeps riding the full event.

I'm feeling a bit like a hamster in a wheel, with lots of IDT and a fair amount of LSR. Have yet to do a night ride, to test out the light I have, but still have time for that .. ????

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am such a noob, both on here and for 36One .. I am keen to find out if there are any crazy kzn peeps riding the full event.

I'm feeling a bit like a hamster in a wheel, with lots of IDT and a fair amount of LSR. Have yet to do a night ride, to test out the light I have, but still have time for that ..

Hi PJD we are doing it (my wife and I) will be our 3rd welcome to contact me.To the "nervous" people relax and enjoy the training the race look's after itself.

Hi Cejay, thanks for the reply. I think I'll be a bundle of nerves til I settle into some sort of rhythm during the ride .. I have revised my finished time based on my need to finish before the next night Dall and having fun whole out on the bike

If anybody knows of a relay team that needs a member or a half way entry available, please let me know.

I am not strong enough for 360, but will be down there over that weekend and would love to ride.

Hi All

Sorry to drop a post here but not going to do the race this year, have done it in the past, and need to sell my ticket if there are any keen or CRAZY buddies of your waiting to do it, please PM me.. thanks and ALL THE BEST! This race is a BEAST to say the least.

With regard to single ring.. I think 2 would be better... as heel drop mentioned Rooiberg is a tough one! SO MANY HILLS!!!!

Billy Stelling won on a rigid carbon (chinese no name) fork, I think 2 yeras ago?

As far as I know he was running a 1x10 with a 42T bail out sprocket and a 34 Oval blade on the front.

hi, my first 360, riding as a mixed team. have 5 K2C under belt and 1 trans baviaans etc. currently our hours are about 4 x 2hrs early am before work and weekends at least one 5-6 hour session and then about a 3-4 hour session...... is this enough? and at what point do we taper and how would you suggest? i havent noticed anyone talking about grapping some zzz's during the race... does this happen? I think I am the most stressed about how to deal with the sleep deprivation!

I have found a Half way entry and am substituting in.

I see that the half has a 12 hour cut-off. I'll need to work on some speed as well as endurance then. No time for sleep.....

Hi, I am looking for a team entry, please let me know if anyone has one available?

Thank you

hi, my first 360, riding as a mixed team. have 5 K2C under belt and 1 trans baviaans etc. currently our hours are about 4 x 2hrs early am before work and weekends at least one 5-6 hour session and then about a 3-4 hour session...... is this enough? and at what point do we taper and how would you suggest? i havent noticed anyone talking about grapping some zzz's during the race... does this happen? I think I am the most stressed about how to deal with the sleep deprivation!

Sleep......What sleep you go straight through for some reason you don't get sleepy (at least we don't) totally different matter when you done and in the shower if you anything like me you sleep in the shower :rolleyes:  

Training going pretty good. Doing Back-to-Back Long rides next weekend. Maybe a 200km+ Ride on Saturday and a 160km on the Sunday...

Sleep......What sleep you go straight through for some reason you don't get sleepy (at least we don't) totally different matter when you done and in the shower if you anything like me you sleep in the shower :rolleyes:

I'm going to catch 30 winks at halfway .. ????. Thinking is (a) I'll need it and (b) i thought the start of the halfmilers was the same as ours, not 12hrs after us