The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, the tips and comments have been really useful, but still feeling apprehensive for the day, especially the first stretch which would be downhill in the dark. Has anyone got any tips on what to take on the bike and what I can put in the boxes that will be sent to the control points? Thx

Hi, the tips and comments have been really useful, but still feeling apprehensive for the day, especially the first stretch which would be downhill in the dark. Has anyone got any tips on what to take on the bike and what I can put in the boxes that will be sent to the control points? Thx

its always good to have more then one light , the other is clothes - rather start with more and leave in the boxes then not having the right /warm clothes , food will be plenty at the stops 

having to much stuff can also be a pain so plan and then enjoy the ride - its allot of fun - specially when you stop at 180km and wonder around like a headless chicken and after 10 minutes wonder what you are looking for .........

Down hill in the dark..? not gonna happen there is a lot of climbing in the 1st stretch,agree xtra light,I tape my warm clothes to the frame by the looks of it we will have a mild weather start so only light arm warmers and a jacket on the frame.Checkpoint 1 will change into warmer clothes as it get's rather chilly early in the morning.Eat from the tables but I do put my personal choice food in my pocket and boxes mostly "salties" as you get RATHER GATVOL of the sweet stuff.

Does anyone know if we are permitted outside assistance at the various checkpoints? I know we are given the boxes for this, but I have a very willing and able significant other coming with me

Does anyone know if we are permitted outside assistance at the various checkpoints? I know we are given the boxes for this, but I have a very willing and able significant other coming with me

Not sure what you call outside assistance, but I have asked organisers if I am allowed other food from my seconds at these checkpoints, for me checkpoint 2 & 3 and they said it is. I guess if they give you some other clothing this will also be excepted.

Not sure what you call outside assistance, but I have asked organisers if I am allowed other food from my seconds at these checkpoints, for me checkpoint 2 & 3 and they said it is. I guess if they give you some other clothing this will also be excepted.

Your "Seconds" are allowed at the checkpoints and you can get whatever you want from them,whether is is food ,clothes or spares they are not however allowed on the rest of the  route.Hope it helps.Time is getting min now just completed a 4 hour ride.

Your "Seconds" are allowed at the checkpoints and you can get whatever you want from them,whether is is food ,clothes or spares they are not however allowed on the rest of the route.Hope it helps.Time is getting min now just completed a 4 hour ride.

Perfect, thanks Cejay. This is and what Bat posted is what I was looking for .. Cannot wait for this event to only be days away!!

seconds on the taper...

My last hard training was done this past weekend.. 220+ kms 3200m climbing

I would also like to know peoples training rides from today till friday race day.

How many kms should you do this last week/weekend before the race please?

Hi, I would like to hear from someone who had any success with the correct OTG cable for the Garmin 500. Not much time left and I'm struggling to get the Garmin on charge while working. Can someone please send me a link or a photo of what the cable should look like? Many thanks

Hi, I would like to hear from someone who had any success with the correct OTG cable for the Garmin 500. Not much time left and I'm struggling to get the Garmin on charge while working. Can someone please send me a link or a photo of what the cable should look like? Many thanks

scroll to the top of this page. I'm picking mine up tonight which I ordered from takealot.

attachicon.gifOTG Cable.JPG

So this is the cable i got & it doesnt work. Any ideas why not?

Then in my opinion it is not a proper OTG cable! There should be x5 pins in the connector that fits into your Garmin 500. Looking at your pic it does have x5 pins. Looking at the pic as shown, the last pin on the left and the one next to it needs to be 'bridged. 

Don't you have a techie friend that can cut it open and do the necessary soldering?

As per page shown previously (3 & 4 and elsewhere in this forum) guys have made their own.

Scroll down on this page link and see the diagram showing the link between 5 & 4 pin.

Hope you come right! 11 days to launch!