First ride: Mercer Bikes - Hungry Monkey

Nick

Despite all the high tech wizardry on display at the 2014 Africa Cycle Fair, it was a hand built steel hardtail that got us most excited. On the relatively flat test track at the 2014 Africa Cycle Fair, the bike was a tease begging to ridden hard. After getting off the Hungry Monkey, I couldn't stop dreaming about how good it would be to point down the most tricky of trails. Watch Iwan Kemp's first ride review of the Hungry Monkey for more details on the bike.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That rear triangle though! So short!

Which is exactly what you want and need in a long travel hardtail.  Modern long travel hardtails are all about long top tubes, low BB's, short chainstays and slack head angles.

That rear triangle though! So short!

what you want in a more gravity orientated bike, I only have hardtails and you cant fir you're fingers between the seat tube and tire. Gives loads of control of the back wheel in the air, front end lifts easier and it manuals like a dream.