First ride: Mercer Bikes - Hungry Monkey

Nick

The only question here is whether to go for a custom "forward geometry" type of design, something radical like a BTR Ranger or just be done with it and get a "production" Hungry Monkey.

It's the only bike I went back to at the fair and the only one I jumped on and immediately regretted riding around a stupid flat course and not bombing around Jonkers. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question here is whether to go for a custom "forward geometry" type of design, something radical like a BTR Ranger or just be done with it and get a "production" Hungry Monkey.

It's the only bike I went back to at the fair and the only one I jumped on and immediately regretted riding around a stupid flat course and not bombing around Jonkers. 

Well then you have no choice but to get the one available today!

..or start a thread and call it "I can't wait!" after ordering the custom.

What are you still doing here!?

So any news on when they plan to put the bike into production or is it going to remain on order? I'm seriously thinking of flogging ALL my bikes and just settling for a burly, simple, 140mm-160mm hardtail that I can use for everything. Currently looking at the Cotic BFE or Soul but that Monkey looks damn nice.

Let me confirm for you on Monday, but as far as I know there will be "stock" in the next 4-6 weeks. Quantities will be limited for now so best get your order in.

It'll be worth it!

Let me confirm for you on Monday, but as far as I know there will be "stock" in the next 4-6 weeks. Quantities will be limited for now so best get your order in.

It'll be worth it!

Thanks Iwan. Any hints at price yet?

Kief, about +2K cheaper than a custom new frame from Mercer 

And you're getting a design that you know is dialed. I've toyed with the idea to go custom, but with the Hungry Monkey as kick-ass as it is, it's probably not worth the risk.

Very cool... I have its original baby brother, the 'Bergie'.. (Standing at a whopping 1.75 with Hobbit legs 75cm stand over I needed some love in the custom department..)

Get hold of Dave via mail or twitter if you are considering it at all. He is working nights at the moment as he has a day (?!) job as a vet, but he is a super dude and will help you out.

His bikes are built with love and skill and you will not be sorry.

Order... do it.... order now

• 4 weeks later...

:drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Sadly still no news when the DVO will hit our shores and what it will cost when it does. It will be pricey, though. 

Pity.

• 5 weeks later...