Cycleops Virtualtraining Software Issues?

Keithc

Hi all fellow Hubbers!

Anyone out there using the Cycleops PowerBeam Pro ANT+ coupled to an Ipad with the Virtualtraining App having any issues with the data link?

Since the upgrade to iOS8 by Apple, I am experiencing losses in connection between the App and my IDT on a regular basis. It hapens at different occassions during any Interval or Freeride session. Loses connection completely so no Power, HR or Cadence figures. I then have to shut down and reset the whole system before resarting my session. Extrememly frustraing!!

Dave at Bicycle Power Trading has been very helpful in trying to resolve this issue. We have replaced the PowerBeam unit itself, the ANT+ dongle, and the firewire connector, but still no luck. I have even gone as far as removing and reinstalling the app, and no better.

It has come to the point were it may be I have a defective iPad. Before investing in another iPad I would like to know if anyone having similar issues?

Any ideas? Is there another app available with similar features that can link to the Powerbeam?

Thanks all

Keith

Hi Keith...I have the BLE version and upgraded my IOS last night...hopefully I dont run into the same issues.

Sofar the BLE version has been uber stable ito peripheral connections ...Haven't dropped a signal in many hours of training.

Hi Keith...I have the BLE version and upgraded my IOS last night...hopefully I dont run into the same issues.

Sofar the BLE version has been uber stable ito peripheral connections ...Haven't dropped a signal in many hours of training.

Hi Rouxtjie

Thanks for the feedback. In hind sight I should have gone the BLE version. Hopefully you dont have the same issue! Powerbeam basically worthless without the App. I have not tried the PC version. This would mean another subscription.

Good luck!

Cheers

Yea without the app, its a white elephant....I think the problem might be between the Ipad and Ant dongle though. Maybe cancel the ipad app sub and go full desktop version...the pc will be more flexible from a driver point of view for your dongle

I tend to agree with you. Will give it a go this evening. PC sub twice the price from what I can remember, but cheaper than a new iPad!

I tend to agree with you. Will give it a go this evening. PC sub twice the price from what I can remember, but cheaper than a new iPad!

Eish...but also I think the PC version have few extra features...

True on the new ipad thing...what version ipad is it?

Eish...but also I think the PC version have few extra features...

True on the new ipad thing...what version ipad is it?

Not sure exactly which model, but an iPad mini. Had it laying around at home not really being used.

• 2 months later...

question, how do you control resistance on your powerbeamn without joules 3 ?

cant get my joules 3 to find RU, can get my joules gps, but then don't see how you change resistance ?

My wife has an iPad and I use an Android tablet. She has told me that if any water or sweat touches the screen, it shuts down. So if she wants to change the resistance she first has to wipe her hands to make sure they are dry.

The problem is not as bad on the Android tablet.