Magura MT2 Rear Brake Shudder/Vibration

Micky_p

Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice. I have a Cannonade F29 running Magura Mt2 brakes.

Experiencing bad vibration and shudder when pulling the rear brake on descents. Vibration is enough that I feel it

through the frame and up through the saddle.

I've had them serviced, re-bled and had the disc checked. Have sanded down and cleaned up the brake pads and used alcohol to clean the disc. These solutions work for the first couple of minutes on a ride, then its back to the shudder.

I have reduced power and hence not much confidence in coming to a stop.

Is there anything else I should try, otherwise thinking of replacing them with some SLX's or something similar.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Its the pads, apparently Magura farmed the making of the pads out to china and they were inferior to the ones they usually make. Lots of bikes have them, If you look they will be marked V3 on the rear of the pad. you need to get the V1 type which are more aggresive but it stops the nosie and the braking improves drastically.

I tripped over this on a Magura site somewhere, think it was the UK.

Rob.

• 1 year later...

Having the same problem on my Giant Atx . It has non-series brakes but only the rear makes the horrible vibrating noise . I have put some diecutting creasing matrix behind the pads (temporary solution) and the noise is gone completely . Not quite sure what the permanent solution will be ? 

Looks like "Copperslip"is the only thing that stops my rear brake from "turkey warbling" . Unless I change to a different brake system ? Any advise ?

I had a pair of Magura louis brakes that worked perfectly until i got that same shudder. Cleaned pads and rotors and worked for a while then back to shudder.

This didn't have too much of an impact of breaking but the noise was enough for me to eventually sell them.

Have XTs now.

I see signs of high heat on the rotors. Pads on right hand rotor are too much to the centre.

Different pads might solve the problem but beware the rotors might be glazed by now.

If you are tall, heavy or 29" wheels rather go to 180mm rotors.