Dropper Post: What size do I get????

Saag

I am taking the plunge and buying a rockshox reverb stealth for my Spez Camber. I know I must get the 380mm, as that is the same length as my current seat post (medium frame camber).

My dilemma lies in the following: Do I get the 100mm or 125mm drop????

I am short, only 1.68m, and afraid the 125mm wont allow me to fully extend the seat post to suit my current seat height.

Also, assuming it is 30.9mm for the Spez Camber?

All feedback appreciated.

Surely the 125mm drop... You can drop less with it if need be, but you can't drop more with the 100mm... And they come with a clamp to fasten around the upper post stop the drop at a desired position.

Surely the 125mm drop... You can drop less with it if need be, but you can't drop more with the 100mm... And they come with a clamp to fasten around the upper post stop the drop at a desired position.

No - not necessarily. OP is worried that at full extension, and maximum insertion, that the post will be too high for them. It's pointless getting a 125mm drop if you're only going to be able to use it with 100mm of the stanchion exposed. 

So - if he / she wants to see which option to go for, OP needs to measure the amount of exposed seatpost, then subtract an inch for the collett (the bit that will remain above the seat tube at all times even when fully compressed) and then see how many mm he is left with. If more than 130mm, then he can go for the 125mm. If less than 130mm, then he has to go for the 100mm option. The extra 5mm is to allow for different seat clamp heights. 

No - not necessarily. OP is worried that at full extension, and maximum insertion, that the post will be too high for them. It's pointless getting a 125mm drop if you're only going to be able to use it with 100mm of the stanchion exposed. 

So - if he / she wants to see which option to go for, OP needs to measure the amount of exposed seatpost, then subtract an inch for the collett (the bit that will remain above the seat tube at all times even when fully compressed) and then see how many mm he is left with. If more than 130mm, then he can go for the 125mm. If less than 130mm, then he has to go for the 100mm option. The extra 5mm is to allow for different seat clamp heights. 

Very true....didn't think about that..

I am just a very kortgat guy!!!! Anyway, thanx, measured the exposed seatpost, which is 180mm exactly up to the seat rails. 

looking at Saag's profile pic, even the 100mm may be too much...

HAHA, Lekker Friday! Im short, but not that short.

Measure the height your current post from the seat rail to the clamp and subtract 65mm. If that number is less than 125mm, get the 100mm drop. If it's more, get the 125.

Going with this, it is then 180mm - 65mm = 115mm!!! SO a 125mm is too long!

Thanx guys, if you then concur, I will go with the 100mm.

Measure the height your current post from the seat rail to the clamp and subtract 65mm. If that number is less than 125mm, get the 100mm drop. If it's more, get the 125.

Using this, I can go with the 125mm? Still confusing.

All I want to achieve is that the fully extended position must still be exactly where I have it now, at 180mm. So which one to make this possible, obviously the 100mm will work, but seems to be harder to get hold of.

Using this, I can go with the 125mm? Still confusing.

All I want to achieve is that the fully extended position must still be exactly where I have it now, at 180mm. So which one to make this possible, obviously the 100mm will work, but seems to be harder to get hold of.

I have just measured my 125mm reverb at full extension from seat clamp to bottom of top cap (furthest you will be able to insert into tube) is 195mm... That help?

I have just measured my 125mm reverb at full extension from seat clamp to bottom of top cap (furthest you will be able to insert into tube) is 195mm... That help?

Yes, great, thanx Raydek. Confirms for my short legs, I will need the 100mm.

the 125mm reverb will be 10mm higher than your current post when fully extended

are you running your post a little low now, maybe to clear technical sections, maybe 10mm higher is right?

I would trim the frame myself, but I know. many people wouldnt want to