How important is Spinning Classes?

Guest TheEpicOne

Did not read through all the answers but my opinion is that it has its place. When you are pressed for time it is better than no riding at all. I do it on my indoor trainer lately rather than the spin class. Rather focus on  leg speed or interval training in this session. Nothing beats a controlled interval session on a IT

This year I actually did most of my riding on my IT. From may when I bought it I started doing the online races, sometimes 2 x per week. Doing 6 to 8hrs max of training per week. Most IT rides were at decent intensity. With this small amount of hrs per week I still comfortably got a sub 4hr Karoo2Coast, top 20 7weeks, good placing at ride2nowhere and decent wines2whales. I am convinced that quality intensity riding gives more benefit than 12 to 15hrs per week in a nowhere zone

Edited by Jaco-fiets

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do one 1 hr IDT session in the week and one session of 3 consecutive spinning sessions (3 hrs) a week.

The spinning definitely helped me with power and fitness. Just go at the max pace and max resistance you can go.

I love spinning. Love the vibe and can really focus on the motion and pedal action.

Edited by zaShadow