The Dutch know how to build bike lanes

NixM

how cool is that!

also see the bridge below the article - if only :huh:

Also the Dutch, we can only dream... or visit next year like I am going to (Hopefully for TDF start)!

They just released the first bicycle path with built in solar panels in The Netherlands. It has a transparant top layer that is also rough for grip, but transparent so the solar panels will receive light. They are now testing this concept and they want to do some roads for cars aswell in the future.

All sounds great, but how do they manage to afford this? Everyone over there is losing their jobs, hospitals are closing down due to no money, policemen can't do much anymore because there's neither enough money to have officers on the street to catch criminals, and neither enough to do the paperwork so that the offenders will actually get their penalties, etc, etc. But suddenly there is a massive budget for useless stuff like this? They got their priorities wrong in The Netherlands...  ...Very wrong....