The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People will always buy in the brand they want  and will hardly admit if they bought wrong so they will always defend even if they know they are wrong

Unless you bought your bike at Makro, there is no such thing as the 'wrong' brand.

I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what the Speshy boys are doing in this thread. ;)

Perhaps something they went through a few hours after buying the bike and then seeing all the other's they could have bought instead.

I could go out and buy 5 other bikes tomorrow, but why would I? My I rode many test bikes before settling on my Stumpy early in 2013 and I picked the Stumpy because it was the bike that I enjoyed the most. I don't see myself as a brand loyalist, but can't help snigger at the haters put there.

Ag can't we rather start hating on people riding Dogma's now? ;)

Because at the moment that seems to be the new bike of choice for every other funrider with a few bucks to spend?

And not to even get started on how these people pimp their bikes... saw one in a rather pretty pearl white, but the rest of the bling to accompany that was sickening....gold everywhere from the chain to the handlebar tape...

*ducks and runs*

Ag can't we rather start hating on people riding Dogma's now? ;)

I already do hate people who ride Dogma's, mostly because I want one and the only way that will happen any time soon is if I rob a bank ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

I hate this spaz for being so awesome......and yes, those are 26'er wheels!

Pic taken this morning for a little Hoogies fun before work.

Always liked the look of  that bike, & what it stands for; but i was blessed with the unique ability of knowing where my talents stop. You guys in the WC are sorted when it comes to trails. #justsaying

Something something BMW and Specialized?

ccs-62657-0-74551600-1450080410.jpg

The new stores do look awesome

Went to take a look and have a coffee there this weekend. Coffee shop is great and nice people!!

The Spez people are still the same sulky people.

What I dislike about Spez in SA is that there are way too many Epics sold in relation to Cambers, Stumpies and Enduros. We are the only country in the world where this happens. It's become a yuppie brand full of ex golfers.

Just remember what type of riding we do in SA...it is mostly marathon and XC...and that is what the EPIC was made for.

I have an Epic, I had the choose between it and the Camber. I choose the Epic because it suited my riding style.

Just remember what type of riding we do in SA...it is mostly marathon and XC...and that is what the EPIC was made for.

I have an Epic, I had the choose between it and the Camber. I choose the Epic because it suited my riding style.

That's the type of riding YOU do. Just because we don't have ski lifts is no reason for us not to have a healthier trail/gravity culture...I think to a large extent the marathon culture is a self perpetuating marketing exercise. We only have these races therefore we only need these bikes. We all have these bikes so we only need the races to suit them. My 2c.

Also as far as the I hate specialized stereotype...I often come across spez riders and they are the personification of the "all gear and no idea" tag, and then there are others who straight up school me on the trails!

I think to a large extent the marathon culture is a self perpetuating marketing exercise. We only have these races therefore we only need these bikes. We all have these bikes so we only need the races to suit them. My 2c.

Marathon-type races attract many road riders over to the dirty side, that's why they are so well attended. You really just need a bike and fitness to compete. Enduro/AM type of riding is a little tricky if your bike handling skills are limited to a spin on your mate's BMX back in Std.2. Marathon racing is a great entry point into the sport.