Stolen? Merida - Black and yellow - 94.7 Cycle Challenge

GaryvdM

I was riding from the finish to Fourways mall after 94.7 Cycle Challenge and I spotted a Guy riding a racing bike, not in Lycra,  with the saddle too high for him swerving around.  I chased him down and as I caught him, he stoped. I first took a pics of him and the bike. I asked him if it was his bike, he replied it was his brothers. I told him I did not believe him and tried to take the bike from him. He got aggressive with me, so I backed off. He then headed in to a construction site. I felt a bit useless, and was really hoping for some back up from the people sitting in the bumper to bumper traffic, but non came :-(

post-41865-0-71157800-1416157102_thumb.jpg

post-41865-0-04318600-1416157584_thumb.jpg

I'm kicking my self for not taking a pic of the racetec chip which would have enabled me to trace down the owner, but my brain was not working so well after pushing hard in the race.

Please can anyone identify the model of the bike so that I can put it in the topic title.

Edited by GaryvdM

Surprised he waited as you took the pics!

Is a bit of a granddaddy bike though, but it does look pretty well setup as if it was in recent use by a racing type of rider, ie not the present rider/owner.

Will be really classic if it is his brothers, but then again what brother would let his construction site working brother take his racing bike to work, not many!?

Edited by Skylark

A brother from another mother??

Bwhaaaaaa brother from another mother, I thought I was the only one who still says that

This oke is legit.......wrist bangle.......and one of those new kletterpette with no holes.......airydienaaimieks.

I was riding from the finish to Fourways mall after 94.7 Cycle Challenge and I spotted a Guy riding a racing bike, not in Lycra,  with the saddle too high for him swerving around.  I chased him down and as I caught him, he stoped. I first took a pics of him and the bike. I asked him if it was his bike, he replied it was his brothers. I told him I did not believe him and tried to take the bike from him. He got aggressive with me, so I backed off. He then headed in to a construction site. I felt a bit useless, and was really hoping for some back up from the people sitting in the bumper to bumper traffic, but non came :-(

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_121256.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20141116_121228-s.jpg

I'm kicking my self for not taking a pic of the racetec chip which would have enabled me to trace down the owner, but my brain was not working so well after pushing hard in the race.

Please can anyone identify the model of the bike so that I can put it in the topic title.

Kudo's on the effort, but the line I highlighted is what gets me worried. All he had to do was whip out a knife and the we could be reading a very different thread. I reckon if you want to approach a suspected criminal, safety in numbers.

Kudo's on the effort, but the line I highlighted is what gets me worried. All he had to do was whip out a knife and the we could be reading a very different thread. I reckon if you want to approach a suspected criminal, safety in numbers.

Yip. To be honest, I shat my self. I'm a big wiss in those situations.

Edited by GaryvdM

Road cleat pedals as well (not sure but looks like Shimano's)

With normal shoes? 

Does look suspect, maybe post on twitter to 94.7 Cycle challenge account?