Long term review: Five Ten Impact Low

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same shoe, been almost a year and they wear really well.

Have heard of people using them for 5 years and thought they were full of it but I believe it now.

Best cycling money I have ever spent!!

Ive had a pair since Jan this year. Combined with Crank Bro's 50/50/3 pedals they stick like glue. Been through hell and back with them and they still looking good. They also grip well when you have those few moments when you have to get off the bike and push. Got mine from www.mountainmailorder.co.za really good service from them.

Have heard of people using them for 5 years and thought they were full of it but I believe it now.

I've had a pair of Spez BG Sports for 7 years, and had a pair of Answer Accelerators for 10 years before that, both without issue. 

Waiting for my 2FOs, they're definitely *much* prettier than the Impact Lows ;)

Ive had a pair since Jan this year. Combined with Crank Bro's 50/50/3 pedals they stick like glue. Been through hell and back with them and they still looking good. They also grip well when you have those few moments when you have to get off the bike and push. Got mine from www.mountainmailorder.co.za really good service from them.

+1 on mountainmailorder.co.za, got mine there too and a little discount too.

Got a pair of Impact VXi's a couple months back, they're so grippy that they have stripped all the paint off my cranks, took like ten rides. Otherwise they are amazing

Guest Omega Man

I've had a pair for 5 years. The sole needs to be glued but that's about it. I've done 4 Alps trips and countless build days in them too. Some riding too.

I've also got a pair of the new ones and they are lighter but also have questionable styling.

The funny thing is I think they actually get better as they get older. When they're brand new they are almost too grippy and you can't move your foot around on the pedal.

Had my Impact Lows for about a year now and they are worth every cent. Been using them with Spank Spikes and Nukeproof Neutrons and they are brilliant in ALL conditions.

In my experience the trade-offs from SPDs in terms of power are negligible; yet the benefits they have in real-world conditions are significant.

When you try them you will be convinced after the 1st ride.

This has my interest in a big way.

Been keen to give the flat pedal thing a proper spin, my SPD shoes are close to duying and they are around the same price as the 5:10's .... so might take the leap.

Should maybe just slap a pair of flats on my bike first and try it out with my H-Tec trail running shoes with Viram soles first to see how things work.

It is really a big investment moving over to flats if you are running SPD's already.