Springbok plant hire challenge

dhameer

Hi there

Does anyone know anything about this race. I checked on cycle events but there is not much about it. If anyone has done it, would you please share your experience. Thanks

Not much more can be said than the info on the Cycle Events webpage. It is a fairly fast and flat route. It starts out at Stonehaven-on-Vaal and heads out west on Ravel road. Then it joins onto the R42, past the Loch Vaal hotel. About 1km after going past the hotel, you turn left in a south-easterly direction. On this stretch you will get your first uphill (Marked as Steep 2 on attachment), which is fairly short, which then goes downhill till just over the Vaal river. The 40km turn is about 1km after crossing the river. The 60km route then carries on this road until you get to the T-junction at the R59, which connects Sasolburg to Parys. The 60km turn is at the Bon-Af berry farm at this T-junction. Going back you will get your second steep incline (Marked as Steep 1), just after crossing the Kromelmboogspruit river. road surface is not too bad.

post-1034-0-32196100-1416255155_thumb.jpg