JHB Critical Mass November

KRosenberg

Hi all

I am a first timer to the JHB Critical Mass ride (November 28th)

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to park (safely) near the start point in Juta / De Beer street JHB?

I am coming from out of town...

Thanks

Most people just park on the street but there is a parking garage on Juta street about 100m up from the start point , cant remember the name of it at the moment

Check out details on Facebook too. Critical Mass Johannesburg.

Some interesting stories on there . . .

The parkade used to be called Arbour Square. Don't know if it is still so named. Try calling Hunter Cycles in Braamfontein, they are very close by.

Quite a few people park at Wits near the Origins Centre (top of the hill). Its pretty safe up there and just a short ride down to Kitchener's.

Guest notmyname

Just get there early and park in the streets around juta. That part of braamies is safe as houses. Get there have a beer or two with the crowd speak some toot meet some like minded mense. Ezpz

• 2 months later...
Guest notmyname

I'll be there. It's fun but you have to stick close to the front if the group. It no longer has Marshalls so it can get hairy with the taxi's if you are near the back.

I will be there , critical mass is super safe with lots of riders , i have never seen an incident at the mass as the taxis know whats good for them and 500 plus angry cyclists most certainly are not