MTB Johannesburg Group Ride

herrowpreeze

Hi,

Any body in the Johannesburg area interested ins tarting a group MTB ride on the weekends.

I'm pretty new to mountain biking and would like to ride in a group rather than on my own.

There are loads. Which are are you in? Cycle lab might be an option too, or if you're not a psychopath, you can join us. [emoji12]

welcome to thehub. There's a lot of guys riding the Spruit, it's not a bad place to start. where more specifically in jhb are you?

Her man, thanks.

Im in Sandton but don't mind taking a drive to get anywhere

There are loads. Which are are you in? Cycle lab might be an option too, or if you're not a psychopath, you can join us. [emoji12]

Thanks Dude,

I think i would classify myself as non-psychopathic. Im in Sandton area, where about do you guys ride around.

Im quite new to the MTB scene so any advise or invitation is greatly welcomed 

OP, just remember that it can sometimes be very off-putting if you are a novice rider and go riding with the old dogs/racing snakes. 

Just make sure that if you do group rides, that the other riders are accommodating of your skill/fitness levels.

Sandton? The spruit is your closest place, awesome place to ride :)

I've heard you need to ride in a large group to do the spriut as people get jacked all the time. Is this true? Im quite  big dude so I can throw down but would prefer not to  :ph34r:

Where is the best starting place to start on the spruit?

Edited by Adam YourBuddy Bethlehem

I've heard you need to ride in a large group to do the spriut as people get jacked all the time. Is this true? Im quite  big dude so I can throw down but would prefer not to  :ph34r:

I stay paulshof side and ride all the way up to emmerentia dam by myself but always prefer having someone with me more because I might run out of talent and need their help.

During summer it gets quite busy and is "safer" the risk goes up if you ride alone when it's quiet like in the colder months.

I will happily ride the Spruit on my own from Fratellis up to Alberts Farm or Emmarentia with no worries but I generally like to have at least two of us to go down to Bryanston/N1, particularly if it is early, lot of guys living rough round Pick n Pay area.

Is there a Sat morning group that rides from Fratelli's (Trailhead), up or down the Spruit or both? Usually ride with my partner but we need a change, 16-20kph pace ...........to start, cough, wheez! Need to get a few more miles in for a few races next year.

Also looking to join up with anyone riding the Spruit mid week from 4ish onward.

Who's around over Christmas?

Edited by BBN

Hi Adam

We do a weekly Wednesday arvie ride on the Spruit (none of us has been jacked yet, but we live in hope... ;) )

We start at 4pm from the Old Rose Pub in Petervale and usually ride up to Delta Park / Emmarentia and back (30 -35 k's). Sometimes we hammer it and sometimes (like yesterday) we doddle along at 16 / 17km/h.

The added bonus is the beer after the ride  :D

You are more than welcome to join us bud.

Hi Adam

We do a weekly Wednesday arvie ride on the Spruit (none of us has been jacked yet, but we live in hope... ;) )

We start at 4pm from the Old Rose Pub in Petervale and usually ride up to Delta Park / Emmarentia and back (30 -35 k's). Sometimes we hammer it and sometimes (like yesterday) we doddle along at 16 / 17km/h.

The added bonus is the beer after the ride  :D

You are more than welcome to join us bud.

Thats sounds like a good plan, would it be OK if i join you sometime?