Zini. What happened.

SAGecko

Not entirely correct. The original Zini is an Italian brand, made in Italy. Gotti made them under license or something.

I believe Paolo Zini was the original frame builder.

I was also under that impression until i moved here.

Was very surprised to see Zini bikes ridden in Europe.Got chatting to a guy one day and he explained that Zini was an Italian brand.

Those built with British bb thread are SA built and Italian is Italian.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also under that impression until i moved here.

Was very surprised to see Zini bikes ridden in Europe.Got chatting to a guy one day and he explained that Zini was an Italian brand.

Those built with British bb thread are SA built and Italian is Italian.

The Italian Bikes also used Columbus tubing or Reynolds whereas Gotti used Reynolds

How is she getting back.I have friends stuck in CT that are wanting to return?

Can you PM details and who to contact.

Tia

They have to call the German council in Pretoria and there's a list where they have to be put on..

There's a flight with Lufthansa on the 08.06.2020, you might still have a chance of getting that fligh!

Nils at Woodstock is the right guy to go to.

A couple of months ago I was cleaning out my garage and I decided to part with my two 30 year old Zini frames made by Gotti in Boputhatswana (they had some govmt incentive as an independent homeland, so he set up factory there), they were a Reynolds 501 and a 531, with a deep blue paint scheme. Such good memories of building them up and racing them.

It felt wrong to sell them or even try, as its unlikely that one gets any decent price and it would have broken my heart to have some oke haggle over them, so I gave them to Nils to do as he thinks best, no trade, no conditions, simply to give them a new life.

I have no idea what happened to them, but just in the way he took them made me feel like it was the right thing to do.

Nils is your guy. 

awesome!

They have to call the German council in Pretoria and there's a list where they have to be put on..

There's a flight with Lufthansa on the 08.06.2020, you might still have a chance of getting that fligh!

Cool thanks [emoji106]

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, BDF said:

Awesome bike! I had a black one from 1988 or so. It was branded Peugeot though... It was part of an involuntary re-distribution of my goods unfortunately!

Theft or divorce?

• 3 months later...

Hello, everyone

Until yesterday I had never heard of a Cicli Zini.  I live in central Texas and am usually on the lookout for interesting steel bikes. A few years ago I scored a Le Turbo and thought it strange to find a SA made bike in this part of the country. Yesterday, I ran across and then went and purchased a Zini!!! Its a beautiful little frame.

I just wish those two bikes could talk. I'd love to find out how they travelled from Africa to Texas. I'll post up a picture of the Zini when I get home.

zini.jpg

48 minutes ago, goertex said:

Hello, everyone

Until yesterday I had never heard of a Cicli Zini.  I live in central Texas and am usually on the lookout for interesting steel bikes. A few years ago I scored a Le Turbo and thought it strange to find a SA made bike in this part of the country. Yesterday, I ran across and then went and purchased a Zini!!! Its a beautiful little frame.

I just wish those two bikes could talk. I'd love to find out how they travelled from Africa to Texas. I'll post up a picture of the Zini when I get home.

zini.jpg

Easy. That bike thought it was fighting communism!

On 6/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, Finnjvdh said:

I've contacted woodstock cycle today,

still waiting for a response..

I like your blue zini Jakkals,

but I prefer it to be classic.

What year is this one from?

Getting Woodstock to reply to emails - good luck 

On 6/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, Finnjvdh said:

I've contacted woodstock cycle today,

still waiting for a response..

I like your blue zini Jakkals,

but I prefer it to be classic.

What year is this one from?

On 6/5/2020 at 12:52 PM, Shebeen said:

awesome!

They built me a few - they - he is amazing !!! 

7 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Easy. That bike thought it was fighting communism!

Well, I must admit that this zini has been very successful at combatting communism. She has singlehandedly bottled up the “reds” in an area of Texas called Austin.

let the siege begin.

howdy from Texas btw