My bike value??

CrazyFig

Hi everyone,

Been here before, but could not remember my log in username or email address. So just regsitered again!

Anyways. I have a Giant OCR 2 (2001 model), and was wondering where I could get the value of the bike.

She is in excellent condition, and has done about R300km in total since I got her brand new. Its been one of those, "I will start cycling again when I have time", so thats why I havent done much km on it.

Anyone know what the value of it is, or where I can go to get an estimate??

Go to a bike shop like Linden. They won't be able to give you an exact amount, seeing that the model is not produced anymore, but will be able do give a ballpark figure.

THe market for second hand bikes is deflated.  Better you keep it and cycle more.  It is worth more to you than what you will get for it.

Thats part of the problem. In all honesty....time is an issue...and when I have time, Im so nervous that Im gonna get side lined by a car...or robbed of it. Maybe joining a club and doing club rides is a better solution....but then it doesnt solve the problem of what to do when I just wann hop on and ride...

What to do what to do?

Hi CrazyFig

Although there are lots of stories of people who have been in accidents and some robbed of bikes there are still lots of cyclists out there who haven't had problems. Even those who have had accidents or been hijacked still get back on their bikes and continue riding (ewep is an example).

Join a club and get out on the road or find out where other guys in your area ride from and join them, you won't regret it in the long run, just be alert for the dangers and be careful where you ride.

What area are you in?

I heard that they base it on 50% of the price if its a year old and then 10% per year off that price. So the older the bike, the better.

In Cresta...have heard about Cresta Wheelers...anyone here part of the club?

Slowpoke is a good contact for Cresta.

Droster Renoster used to have regular weekday rides from Malanshof/Fontainebleau, not sure if they still ride though?

Hi CrazyFig. slowpoke and I ride on Wednesday and Friday mornings from Randridge Mall, and we also ride on Saturday mornings. Droster rides from Fontainebleau most mornings.

So get out there and ride with us! It's worth it!