Absa Cape Epic top contenders choose partners

News bot

With four months to go to the 2015 Absa Cape Epic many of the top competitors have chosen their partners … and it is shaping up to be one of the strongest fields ever. Four times winner Christoph Sauser of Switzerland will again be reunited with the Czech Republic’s Jaroslav Kulhavy – the team which won the event convincingly in 2013. Sauser’s pedigree and Olympic cross country gold medallist Kulhavy’s huge talent will ensure that this pairing starts on March 15 as favourites.

Click here to view the article

Kulhavy has been way off form in XC (maraton Champs not withstanding) this year so what makes them favourites? Sauser is getting old, Kulhavy is off form. 

Lakata and Hynek are very good pairing. I think the 2015 event could be wide open

Anybody have a holiday home I can borrow for that week and week prior? Hate being in town with all the hype of the Epic and I cant ride.........

Kulhavy has been way off form in XC (maraton Champs not withstanding) this year so what makes them favourites? Sauser is getting old, Kulhavy is off form. 

Lakata and Hynek are very good pairing. I think the 2015 event could be wide open

I dont think one can go by Kulhavy's XC form. He is an incredible marathon rider. As he showed at the marathon champs. Sauser, yes he is getting older, but he is a machine. 

You think Rabon might race with someone else as another support team for Kulhavy and Sauser?

Rabon rode really well this year, I recon having a backup team and not just having the RECM guys like they had this year would definitely help them.

I would love to see Platt taking it. I digg that team's attitude and the way they carry themselves. 

Never liked Platt much, but just lately he has seriously grown on me. Always has a great attitude. And he just comes back year after year fighting for the title. 

Apparently Carl rode at Meerendal last week. Just pitch up and ride with him. No crap. I also think he is a good chap. But so are the others. I felt sad for him this year when that injury got him. I passed him that day and the look on his face was one I cannot describe. Sadness to the max.

I also think Eric has a win in him. If he partnered with Sauser I think they could do it. He is almost always only a minute or 2 behind the guy. I think Eric deserves that chance.

But back to next year.. Platt and Urs are my team. I will be supporting them for the win.

I would love to Eric get the chance to race with Sauser. However  his form this year was no where near what it was last year. Hopefully he can come back big time next year. 

No Nino?

I really hope he rides. He just make it exciting. If they pair him with one of the big international guys he could definitely have a chance at a win.