Burger monument to monument

VO2max

Now that SANLAM is of the calender, I hear that the Burger Monument to Monument will replace the SANLAM next year as a seeding race for Argus.

does anybody have more info on this.

I dont know about that but it is important that we get a seeding race down in CT again!

I seriously question the distances indicated for the middle and long route.No ways is the long route close to 80k's!!!!!!!!!Who measured it?

The Burger Monument ride is not, at this time being considered. However there will be a seeding event held before the end of this year to replace the old Argus/Sanlam event. Negotiations are at an advanced stage and an announcement should be made shortly. Watch press and this site for details. DavidB2006-09-15 09:16:03

probably the tour de winelands race - it used to be a seeding event for the argus & its also sponsored by pick'n'payZippIt2006-09-15 09:17:25

probably the tour de winelands race - it used to be a seeding event for the argus & its also sponsored by pick'n'pay

And it is over 100kms....

I dont know about that but it is important that we get a seeding race down in CT again!

I seriously question the distances indicated for the middle and long route.No ways is the long route close to 80k's!!!!!!!!!Who measured it?

How long is it then???

DavidB - I presume that is David Belairs. We use to come down to Cape Town over the holiday season and rode the Burger/ Sanlam. Why did you and PPA allow that event to be cancelled? That were such a great event plus the international tack event was great for cycling. Surely PPA and CSA should have got involved and tried to save it.

Only a question and would like to get a answer from PPA and CSA.

The Burger was a badly organised event, glad its off. David, dont put another flat race up as seeding. Is trhe 99er a seeding race? 

1.  The monument is not a ARGUS seeding race.

2.  There are no currently no seeding events left in the western cape for the 2007 Argus. The 99er is for the 2008 Argus.

3.  Winelands is only logical option left, perfect date, distance and enough riders.

take note of the late entry fee of R120 for the M 2 M

If you are a ppa member - 1 easy entry as per usual is fine - is what I heard from the organisors

If you are a ppa member - 1 easy entry as per usual is fine - is what I heard from the organisors

Zippit, I don't think so... I think I recall an announcement at the award of the TdW that the easy entry tickets are NOT going to be accepted.

Maybe someone form the PPA can clarify this.

Zippit' date=' I don't think so... I think I recall an announcement at the award of the TdW that the easy entry tickets are NOT going to be accepted.

Maybe someone form the PPA can clarify this.
[/quote']

I went to PPA offices on thursday last week and asked them about it because I was confused myself about the situation and the people there did not know much about it, so they phoned the people meant to be organising it and that is what I was then told - one easy entry per rider as per usual, so take it or leave it

The Burger was a badly organised event' date=' glad its off. David, dont put another flat race up as seeding. Is trhe 99er a seeding race? [/quote']

Why can't we have flat seeding rides down here in the Cape - other provences have flat seeding rides...

The Burger was a badly organised event' date=' glad its off. David, dont put another flat race up as seeding. Is trhe 99er a seeding race? [/quote']

Why can't we have flat seeding rides down here in the Cape - other provences have flat seeding rides...

Waarvan praat jy.  Die 99er IS 'n seeding event.  Wil jy nou 'n flatter race as die 99er vir 'n seeding event h??Confused