99er Cycle Tour 2015

Pure Savage

Just seen that the entries for the 99er have sneakliy been opened without much mention of it.

Date it 7th of February 2015

Different route from last year- no more dirt road. We going over that pothole road - looks like its similar to a few years ago.

I have checked the costs for this one on the website, although it keeps adding CSA R120 to my basket even though I dont need it :(

http://www.99er.co.za/index.php/routes/road-99km-55km

Cost

2015  Distance Early entries Late Entries (23:59  21 Jan 2015)

108KM R235 R310

64KM R165 R180

35KM MTB R165 R180

12KM MTB R80 10KM

Fun Run/Walk R60 5KM

Fun Run/Walk Adults: R40 
Children ( 4-12 years) R30 Please note that Online entries close midnight 1 February 2015.

Edited by Pure Savage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen that the entries for the 99er have sneakliy been opened without much mention of it.

Date it 7th of February 2015

Same route as last year- wait no more dirt road. We going over that pothole road - looks like its similar to a few years ago.

I have checked the costs for this one on the website, although it keeps adding CSA R120 to my basket even though I dont need it :(

http://www.99er.co.za/index.php/routes/road-99km-55km

Cost

2015  Distance Early entries Late Entries (23:59  21 Jan 2015)

108KM R235 R310

64KM R165 R180

35KM MTB R165 R180

12KM MTB R80 10KM

Fun Run/Walk R60 5KM

Fun Run/Walk Adults: R40 

Children ( 4-12 years) R30 Please note that Online entries close midnight 1 February 2015.

same route? does this include the terrible gravel decent that cost me a tubby and many others a crash?

Yep, it keeps adding the R120 CSA Cyclosport membership without the option of removing it. :thumbdown:

I'll wait until I can do the Team Vitality option and get the CSA licence that way instead. Hopefully the 99er entry will work smoother by then!

Yep, it keeps adding the R120 CSA Cyclosport membership without the option of removing it. :thumbdown:

I'll wait until I can do the Team Vitality option and get the CSA licence that way instead. Hopefully the 99er entry will work smoother by then!

That is a great idea, but early entries close Jan and vitality only opens in Feb... Vitality only pays out on 50% of early entry fee.

same route? does this include the terrible gravel decent that cost me a tubby and many others a crash?

I edited it to say that they removed that section but we are going down the pothole section now.

That is a great idea, but early entries close Jan and vitality only opens in Feb... Vitality only pays out on 50% of early entry fee.

Not worried about claiming back 50% of early entry fee. Looking to get the CSA licence sorted through Vitality instead of loading it to this entry and then doubling up on CSA licence with both.

I enter for more than 1 person so the 120 bucks multiplies across the family...

Edited by Tubehunter

Soooooooo glad that the dirt road is not in anymore!  I thought it would at least be hard pack!  But no such luck.  Glad that it's gone.

I've not had to pay for CSA before - why now? I'm a PPA member, isn't that enough?

As it is a sanctioned event you need to have a csa license. PPA vs CSA is a long debate for another thread.

Only need to pay it once. Just wish it would stop adding it to the basket

Gents need some advise,

I have never done this race before and will start training for it soon.

What is a realistic goal to set for this race? Done a Sub 3 SCT

Sub 3 as well or am I being very optimistic with that Goal?

The 12km this year was my first race ever...almost died of pure exhaustion...and the embarrassment of seeing 12 year old kids pass me... :-)

Have entered for the 35km, looking forward to it.