Tygerberg and Stellenbosch/Jonkershoek Rides

TrApT

I am looking for some one to ride with. I live in the Durbanville area and ride at Contermanskloof and Hoogekraal. I ride for fun (not the climbs so much, more the downs).

I often ride at Jonkershoek and other local trails (love trying new places). I mainly only ride over the weekends.

I would say that I do more gravity/endure type riding, so lets see if we can get some people together, share what we ride, where ride and maybe meet up for a session or two.

I should add that I am not the fastest out there, but I do like having fun no matter the pace and chasing some one faster is the best way to learn.

Edited by TrApT

Hi TrApT

I am in the same boat. This could have been my ad :ph34r: .

Are you a member of TMTBC(Tygerberg MTB Club)?

Hi TrApT

I am in the same boat. This could have been my ad :ph34r: .

Are you a member of TMTBC(Tygerberg MTB Club)?

I am yes. And I will be renewing my membership first thing next year.

I ride with a group every Sunday, always looking for more people to join.

Otherwise i do short rides most days of the week, if you guys wanna join, pm me and i'll send you my number so you can make contact to join.

I am yes. And I will be renewing my membership first thing next year.

Excellent. Have you tried the Bloemendaaler yet?

Excellent. Have you tried the Bloemendaaler yet?

No, I haven't yet. I ve only done Conters and Hoogekraal. I really like the steep rocky stuff at Conters. I am amped to try that Bloemendaler though, I hear its fun.

I ride with a group every Sunday, always looking for more people to join.

Otherwise i do short rides most days of the week, if you guys wanna join, pm me and i'll send you my number so you can make contact to join.

It is getting dark later now. I am usually home by 6:15 and can make it to Hoogekraal or some place by 6:45... That gives me about an hour... Is that what you mean by short rides? Sucks working till that late.

Which trail do you normally ride at Contermanskloof?

I ve gone up to the main line once or twice, but I don't like riding that alone. Otherwise I do the blue, link into Skilpad Dop with the two wooden jumps and then back into the blue and then either cheeky corners or the bottom half of the revised DH line...

Are there any other variations? What do you normally ride there?

I have riden most of Contermans including the Mainline, not including the gap jumps though. Found parts of the mainline a bit much for my ride and my body. 

Been riding the Bloemendaal trails lately, and find them great fun, without too much risk.

I would love give Bloemendal a go soon. How are the climbs that side? I dont mind climbing as long as the decent is worth it...

The climbs suck. I normally use the corridor, opposite Meerendal, to enter the trails. So the first bit of uphill is ok, but by the time I reach Contermanskloof, I've had enough of going up. But, having said that, I feel the fun to be had on the "downside" is worth it. I am considering using the other corridor through ntida into hillcrest, as I think it may be slightly easier.

Are you riding the clubs "Funride" on Sunday?

I have never been over to that side...

I didnt know there is a fun ride? Where can I get the details? I would like to see if I can make it.

I ride all those trails too. Did Bloemslang/Bloemendaaler and Hillcrest tonight. Do Conties and Hoogekraal most often. Meerendal sometimes... Excited that Welvanpas is becoming a TMTBC trail. Will spend more time there on Saturday/Sunday mornings. I usually start around 18hoo - 18h3o during the week. You guys on Strava?