Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Eddy, have you got more pics of that bag on your handlebars ?

EDIT: Also, what stuff do you carry under your saddle ?

Do you ride with anything heavy in your back pack ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hoping to finish the build today, but hit two snags. Need another BB tool to fit the praxis BB. Waiting for a buddy to bring when he comes to town. The other is that the rear is made for a 160mm rotor and I have 160/140. Waiting for my driver to bring one from Piet Retief later this afternoon. Timor I am hoping to finish. Currently fitted with road tyres, will fit others after 947. Don't want to go off-road and fall ar this stage

IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0478.JPG

This does look really good... nice work Look695... that artwork is fantastic too...

Eddy, have you got more pics of that bag on your handlebars ?

EDIT: Also, what stuff do you carry under your saddle ?

Do you ride with anything heavy in your back pack ?

On the handlebars I had a Revelate Mountain Feedbag. Very useful

On toptube, Topeak bag.

Revelate half frame bag and Apidura saddlebag.

can you post more pics please Eddy?

If you can also maybe the details on the models ? You buy them locally?

Yes

can you post more pics please Eddy?

If you can also maybe the details on the models ? You buy them locally?

Bought them locally from cycletouring.co.za

Products are these with good pictures:

http://www.cycletouring.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_25&products_id=159

http://www.cycletouring.co.za/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_23&products_id=152&zenid=20oueuqq3qrcuhi05vutnem8v4

The saddlebag was lent to me by Sepia. It is an Apidura, the midsize one and I know that Sepia has had a few manufactured locally. PM him.

Mr Sepia has sent me one ad all I can say is it is rather nice! Just need to figure out what goes in it!

I need to pair a 9 speed deore rear derailleur with road hydraulic disk brakes, anyone know if there is a shimano 10 speed sti lever that will work?  

I need to pair a 9 speed deore rear derailleur with road hydraulic disk brakes, anyone know if there is a shimano 10 speed sti lever that will work?  

BR-RS405

shimano-tiagra-disc-brake-system-630x420

BR-RS405

shimano-tiagra-disc-brake-system-630x420

if someone actually sold them less than the Shimano R785 then they would work

Edited by dillon

Pics!!

The bits and pieces for my build are coming together. I found some 40mm 120 tpi Clement MSO tyres, rated as possibly first choice gravel grinding tyre by many US bike packing publications. They have been set up tubeless on my Hope wheels (Hope hubs and rims with DT revolution spokes ) and are holding air........

post-50-0-37056800-1477287072_thumb.jpeg

Edited by eddy

The bits and pieces for my build are coming together. I found some 40mm 120 tpi Clement MSO tyres, rated as possibly first choice gravel grinding tyre by many US bike packing publications. They have been set up tubeless on my Hope wheels (Hope hubs and rims with DT revolution spokes ) and are holding air........

Now Eddy, those are about the best combination around.   You have all the good stuff.

So flipping jealous of that wheelset.  Nice!

Where did you find those Clements? Price?

Nice tyres. Presume you bought them bike24? Edited by LOOK695

Nice tyres. Presume you bought them bike24?

They were from Bike24. I created a wish list and my family selected bits and pieces for my birthday.....