Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My new build has been delayed due to my TRP HY RD brakes not clearing the frame... I have had to import some Spyre SLC's. They are en route and this means that my build is sitting.  Bleh. I hope that you are all out there enjoying your CX bikes.

Had the privilege of riding with Yusran for a while during the Coronation Double Century this weekend, he was on his Mercer and I was on the Ritchey. It was quite cool to be on steel bikes surrounded by all of the carbon....

Bud your bike is gorgeous. I am so glad that it turned out the way that it did.

It was an absolute honor to ride with you Monark. You will not believe how excited I was to see a familiar bike out on the road - I seriously contemplated leaving my team for a few hours to ride with you.

Agreed, being on a steel bike amidst all the carbon gave a unique feeling.

Hoping you are well and can't wait to see your new build completed!

My new build has been delayed due to my TRP HY RD brakes not clearing the frame... I have had to import some Spyre SLC's. They are en route and this means that my build is sitting.  Bleh. I hope that you are all out there enjoying your CX bikes.

Bleak to hear about the delays, not cool. What frame are you using now?

However, does this mean that there is a set of TRP HY RD's up for grabs?... :D

PS: I want them if that is a yes :P

Bleak to hear about the delays, not cool. What frame are you using now?

However, does this mean that there is a set of TRP HY RD's up for grabs?... :D

PS: I want them if that is a yes :P

Bud they were in the classifieds but sold within minutes! They are worth every cent!  I have purchased SLC's, I hope that they are as good as the reviews suggest.

I am building my "unicorn", a lovely  Ti frame. I will post pics soon.

Bud they were in the classifieds but sold within minutes! They are worth every cent!  I have purchased SLC's, I hope that they are as good as the reviews suggest.

I am building my "unicorn", a lovely  Ti frame. I will post pics soon.

Nooooo! This is what happens when I focus on work and spend less time on bikehub... :/

Can't wait to see your 'unicorn', I have a feeling that I am going be jelly of that Ti though...

IMG_5113.JPG

So a mate got this frame off CRC, but without the fork.

We now need a fork without breaking the bank, anyone have any inexpensive options or alternatives?

"Vitus energie cyclo-cross frame 2016

Hydroformed 6061-T6 triple butted aluminium

Bb 68mm BSA,

Headset size: IS42/28.6"

The Fork would've been a : high modulus T700hm full carbon with tapered steerer through axle config.

Disc or canti fork?

And here is my Mercer again, in roadie-mode for my afternoon training ride. I really need to thank Dave again and go for a ride with him sometime.

attachicon.gifIMG_0699.JPG

Soft focus money shot. Shouldn't be allowed.... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...