Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after 6 weeks of turmoil and heartache, the Litespeed is complete. Please excuse the terrible photo, I took a quick snap of the bike after our usual Tuesday morning coffee ride, hence the lights etc.

This truly an incredible bike. The frame is light but compliant but also stiff in the right places. The through axels on the front and back wheels also make a massive difference. It just feels so solid.

I will take better pictures of the saddle, it is a Fizik Antares which Velobrien did some magic to. It is a great detail on what is a gorgeous bike.

Due to the rear stay design, I had to move away from the HY RD's and to Spyre SLC's, I must say that I actually prefer the cable SLC's.... they are incredible.

I am still running the 10 speed Force shifters with the 10 speed MTB XO rear derailleur, it works really well.

I am on the hunt for a direct mount SRAM 10 front derailleur if any of you have one laying around.

I might have to block your posts, if you keep this up. X, Swiss Cross and now this.....utter torture! ;)

So, after 6 weeks of turmoil and heartache, the Litespeed is complete. Please excuse the terrible photo, I took a quick snap of the bike after our usual Tuesday morning coffee ride, hence the lights etc.

This truly an incredible bike. The frame is light but compliant but also stiff in the right places. The through axels on the front and back wheels also make a massive difference. It just feels so solid.

I will take better pictures of the saddle, it is a Fizik Antares which Velobrien did some magic to. It is a great detail on what is a gorgeous bike.

Due to the rear stay design, I had to move away from the HY RD's and to Spyre SLC's, I must say that I actually prefer the cable SLC's.... they are incredible.

I am still running the 10 speed Force shifters with the 10 speed MTB XO rear derailleur, it works really well.

I am on the hunt for a direct mount SRAM 10 front derailleur if any of you have one laying around.

Congrats. Nice bike

Bloody hell that is just ueber cool! Nice ride dude  :thumbup:

Thanks chaps, a massive thank you goes out, as usual, to Chainworx who, as usual, went above and beyond to make the bike work.

I moved many of my parts across from the Swiss Cross to the Litespeed so making them work was a little tricky at times. A good example was the HY RD's and the front derailleur.

I cannot rave enough about the wheels and brakes, they work very well and the wheels roll effortlessly.

I am proud to say that the X and the Swiss Cross are both in great hands. I loved those bikes and knowing that they are being ridden and cared for is great. Each bike was amazing. I think that the Litespeed is going to be hanging around for a while though. Like the Singular, there is just something special about it.

I will take better pictures of some of the detail and post them when I have a moment. I have also built up a Soma Smoothie which I am in love with. Maybe I will post a pic of that as well.

I think that the KZN boys need to plan a coffee/gravel ride.

Oe, but that is PRETTY HOT!!!!

Nice??? A few mommies at our parkrun is nice.  This is HOTT!!

And admit that his bike is more hot than mine! Is he running Campagnolo on his bike?????????

I have some pride and so does my chinese bike.????????

post-26136-0-15322100-1487252316_thumb.jpg

Hahahahahahaah - one bike is not hotter or better, these are all custom builds and awesome in their own way.

I will take better snaps of the various components, do the bike some justice. Thanks for the kind words, I try and build what I think looks cool. Its a modern-retro thing for me.

LOOK695, I remember calling you a legend for taking Campag onto the dirt when you originally posted pictures of your build. Most of the Campag purists ended up curled up in the corner of their showers crying when they saw that!

I went the SRAM route for its MTB compatibility.

That is the most beautiful bike i've ever seen

Hahahahahahaah - one bike is not hotter or better, these are all custom builds and awesome in their own way.

I will take better snaps of the various components, do the bike some justice. Thanks for the kind words, I try and build what I think looks cool. Its a modern-retro thing for me.

LOOK695, I remember calling you a legend for taking Campag onto the dirt when you originally posted pictures of your build. Most of the Campag purists ended up curled up in the corner of their showers crying when they saw that!

I went the SRAM route for its MTB compatibility.

Yep I do remember

Haha, you made me laugh about the picture of the Campag purists

Looking forward to do a 180km gravel road race with my 'monster bike' the weekend of the 18th Feb.

Bloemfontein to almost Colesberg ... :whistling: district roads

attachicon.gifIMG-20170124-WA0000.jpg

What an awesome race it was.

Felt that I had an unfair advantage above the other guys struggled on their 1 x duel machines :clap: