Giant Anthem Advanced 29er 2015

pix101

Hi All,

I've placed an order for the 2015 Giant Anthem Advanced 29er @ R40,500.  Could I get it at a better price?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_za/bikes/models/images/800/2015/Anthem_X_Advanced_29er_Comp-Blue.jpg

Also, could anyone please confirm the exact Fork version.  The specs on the Giant website show:

"Float CTD Factory Kashima, 100mm travel, 15mm Thru­Axle, OverDrive Tapered Steerer"

This doesn't say whether it is the model with or without the trail adjust!?

link to Fox fork specs:

http://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?m=bike&t=forks&f1=series&v1=Factory&ref=topnav

Any help would be appreciated!

CTD - Climb, Trail, Descend - so it is the 'trail adjust' version.

*Edit for spelling

Edited by dirtypot

CTD - Climb, Trail, Descend - so it is the 'trail adjust' version.

*Edit for spelling

@dirtypot I get the CDT setting, but there seem to be 2 versions of this fork 1.) with standard CDT (Blue dial) 2.) With 7 additional settings specific to the Trail setting (Black dial under the Blue dial).

Can't advise you on the fork but that's one sweet ride. Congrats and enjoy :thumbup:

Thanks man, really excited about the new ride!

@dirtypot I get the CDT setting, but there seem to be 2 versions of this fork 1.) with standard CDT (Blue dial) 2.) With 7 additional settings specific to the Trail setting (Black dial under the Blue dial).

Then I'm of no further use...  :whistling:

Sweet ride though - enjoy it!

Hi All,

I've placed an order for the 2015 Giant Anthem Advanced 29er @ R40,500.  Could I get it at a better price?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_za/bikes/models/images/800/2015/Anthem_X_Advanced_29er_Comp-Blue.jpg

Also, could anyone please confirm the exact Fork version.  The specs on the Giant website show:

"Float CTD Factory Kashima, 100mm travel, 15mm Thru­Axle, OverDrive Tapered Steerer"

This doesn't say whether it is the model with or without the trail adjust!?

link to Fox fork specs:

http://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?m=bike&t=forks&f1=series&v1=Factory&ref=topnav

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm not in your area, but a Giant dealer and can freight bikes country-wide. The price you've been quoted is really good so your LBS is doing you a great deal......but I've sold bikes at better deals! If you're after a medium there's stock available

I'm not in your area, but a Giant dealer and can freight bikes country-wide. The price you've been quoted is really good so your LBS is doing you a great deal......but I've sold bikes at better deals! If you're after a medium there's stock available

Thanks for the encouraging feedback on the price, I feel a lot more at easy now.

I'm going for a large unfortunately, and to tell you the truth, can't wait too long... Been out of the saddle for almost a week - current Anthem is in the pits, and don't want to spend money on it in light of the new one that is on its way...

How quickly do you think you could get a large?

I'd have to check physical stock with warehouse, but you'd be looking at a week by the time it's sent to me and then shipped on to you.

@dirtypot I get the CDT setting, but there seem to be 2 versions of this fork 1.) with standard CDT (Blue dial) 2.) With 7 additional settings specific to the Trail setting (Black dial under the Blue dial).

The Factory version forks have the trail adjust and Kashima coat. 2014 versions have 3 trail adjust settings and the 2015 versions have 7. Trail adjust only works in Trail mode. In Descend the fork/shock is fully open.

The Factory version forks have the trail adjust and Kashima coat. 2014 versions have 3 trail adjust settings and the 2015 versions have 7. Trail adjust only works in Trail mode. In Descend the fork/shock is fully open.

JXV - Thanks for clarifying! Was hoping that it has the trail adjust.

Looking to take the leap from HT to FS next year sometime. Is this Giant's 'top-end' package guys?

What would a medium kitted with these specs weigh...yes a bit of 'weight watcher'...sorry :blush:

Looking to take the leap from HT to FS next year sometime. Is this Giant's 'top-end' package guys?

What would a medium kitted with these specs weigh...yes a bit of 'weight watcher'...sorry :blush:

From my research it looks like the Anthem Advanced 29er comes in at the 12kg mark, but this all depends on what pedals and tyres you slap on.

I've got a Anthem Advanced with XT pedals and Fast Track tyres and comes in at just over 12kg and all the rest aluminium bits.

Not bad IMHO for a 40k full XT bike. I prefer the Rockshox SID and Monarch over the Fox bits, but that is just me.