First look: 2015 Giant Anthem SX 27.5

Nick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this assessment a lot. I do agree that this matches well with most Saffers' aspirations and levels of skill. I'd imagine this would inspire much confidence in descending over a similar 100mm anthem.

I have the Anthem 1 2015, and changed out the front fork to a 120mm fox float ctd. so basically the same bike. Love it. its light nimble and climbs like a dream. Nice that they added a stealth dropper to the SX. PS if u ask nicely, most Giant Dealers already have access to them.

@ ScottC-M : Giant are still doing the 29ers, just not as many models as the 650B. Most SA MTB parks are more geared to single track and trail riding. (Karkloof a good example). In those conditions the 650B really shines. If u into long rides through cane fields, jeep tracks and dirt roads then the 29er is a better choice. Just my opinion based on many rides at Karkloof :)

People in this country are obsessed with climbing. The bike will climb very well, better than the Trance, but it'll have a bit of trail and downhill ability to suit all of us - the normal daily riders. This is a great one bike bike. Not sure why other mainstream manufactures haven't done something like this for the SA market. Don't get hung up on wheel sizes, just ride the bikes.

People in this country are obsessed with climbing. The bike will climb very well, better than the Trance, but it'll have a bit of trail and downhill ability to suit all of us - the normal daily riders. This is a great one bike bike. Not sure why other mainstream manufactures haven't done something like this for the SA market. Don't get hung up on wheel sizes, just ride the bikes.

They have its called a Spez Camber a lot of people go crazy for and Epic but 99% of people the camber like this Giant is a can do it all bike

They have its called a Spez Camber a lot of people go crazy for and Epic but 99% of people the camber like this Giant is a can do it all bike

Ya, its beyond me why these kinds of bikes aren't more popular here.