Olympic Cycles pres less 2014

Berry

Don't let the short distance fool you, it has enough climbing to make you suffer if you ride it in anger. A proper howling southeaster will add an extra "hill" or two and make it a tough, if not long ride.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been training so rigorously to get a good time on this ride, and then somehow managed to do a OTB at 57.8km/h and hit the deck on a perfectly flat stretch of road between Smitswinkle and Millers this Saturday past... (bike is good, helmet is wrecked and I have a concussion but my bike is alright so that makes it all better) So no riding for me this weekend, or the next few weeks.

Hope you guys all have a good ride and enjoy that hill-climb finish! (I was so looking forward to that!!! I might be sitting on the roadside cheering you all on) It's going to be awesome.

Be safe out there, the downhills are great in small numbers but I can only advise caution, take it easy and slow down abit and have a good safe ride (a lesson well learned).

post-41725-0-94315300-1421173745_thumb.jpg

post-41725-0-83659800-1421173756_thumb.jpg

post-41725-0-10527100-1421173768_thumb.jpg

post-41725-0-90416700-1421173775_thumb.jpg

To those asking about the about of climbing in the ride, I did the route this morning and my Garmin gave total ascent as 845m. Not as much as originally thought.

To those asking about the about of climbing in the ride, I did the route this morning and my Garmin gave total ascent as 845m. Not as much as originally thought.

Thanks for this. My online sources put ascent at 995 m for the long and 625 for the short. I'll confirm when I check the route tomorrow and Saturday.

Online entries currently stand at about 700 for the long and 100 for the short.

Thanks for this. My online sources put ascent at 995 m for the long and 625 for the short. I'll confirm when I check the route tomorrow and Saturday.

Online entries currently stand at about 700 for the long and 100 for the short.

It's a pleasure, but I definitely think it could be a little off, as you said your sources said 995m and strava said 1012m. Let me know what you get when you check it out!

What a morning to race

The weather gods were kind

Really enjoyed the climbing finalè

My Garmin mount broke off

Had to turn back and recover it and fell off the leading pace in my bunch :-(

RIP Garmie - time for a 510!

Edited by Huez

Awesome race. A and B start meant that some okes were going to suffer. This B rider couldn't stay with the bunch up red Hill. Will have to train some more!

Great weather and a good turnout.

This was a great race even though it was short. The climbs added to the overall challenge and I would definately do this one again. I dont miss Ou Kaapse weg at all. Thank you to the guys { not racing...just training on that route} between Cape Point and Red Hill, who encouraged and dragged my butt down that piece of road. Well done to everyone who planned this race and Im happy it had such a good turn out!