Olympic Cycles pres less 2014

Berry

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nice ride. Did the short route. Saw a rider holding his arm next to the naval camp on the descent. Hope he is ok.

Does annoy me that on Racetec they still have the distance as 55km, where in fact the long route was 58,1km, so average speeds read lower than what they were in reality.

I know I'm being picky, but they should be getting this right. 

Guest DieBees

Does annoy me that on Racetec they still have the distance as 55km, where in fact the long route was 58,1km, so average speeds read lower than what they were in reality.

I know I'm being picky, but they should be getting this right.

They must fix it. Your not being picky!

If you pitch up with too little money you wont be able to enter. They must fix it!

Is the racetec site down? Could somebody pls post the first page of the results if they have them? Thanks!

They must fix it. Your not being picky!

If you pitch up with too little money you wont be able to enter. They must fix it!

This will be fixed on Monday , only some teams work on weekend not all the staff.

As a social (below average) rider DONT tell me it a 55km race and make be race 58km. Damn it was hard. It was my first time and doubt if I will do this race again. The only grace was weather it was awesome.

Also why did the short route guys start so soon after longer route guys.

Had a great ride, super weather, great turn out, good organisation. Just that tiny little cassette I run at the moment had my legs a bit wobbly on Red Hill.......will just have to htfu!

As a social (below average) rider DONT tell me it a 55km race and make be race 58km. Damn it was hard. It was my first time and doubt if I will do this race again. The only grace was weather it was awesome.

Also why did the short route guys start so soon after longer route guys.

It will get better with TITS. Don't become despondent and give up now. Safe cycling

Nice race, great route. Took it easy on the mtb, with knobblies. 2 complaints, water points were poor poor, beyond ***, yes, I know we as riders are suppose to carry enough fluids and food, but I wasnt. And usually PPa races inform you how far to go till you finish, 5km, 2km etc, not being familiar with the area at all made it tough for us. We paid money to race, all I got for that was a medal, nothing else that would make me pay again compared to the hundreds of casual riders just riding the route for fun.

Nice race, great route. Took it easy on the mtb, with knobblies. 2 complaints, water points were poor poor, beyond ***, yes, I know we as riders are suppose to carry enough fluids and food, but I wasnt. And usually PPa races inform you how far to go till you finish, 5km, 2km etc, not being familiar with the area at all made it tough for us. We paid money to race, all I got for that was a medal, nothing else that would make me pay again compared to the hundreds of casual riders just riding the route for fun.

Thank you for the feedback. Just a couple of questions for clarity: What particularly do you think we need to do better on the water points? What would make the ride better value for money?

Now, really, we rode the whole race on 1 bottle of water that we carried from start to finish. How many water points with what kind of refreshments do you reckon the PPA should put on for a race that is under 60 kms long? Personally, I thought they could have left any water tables out altogether for this one.

As for determining the distance, most people just had to look down at the bike computer, no need for sign boards to warn you. Today I rode without a bike computer  myself (stupid thing just died), and there were so many fellow riders who were happy to tell me the distance, I could have work out a pretty accurate average whenever I asked.

Or did I somehow miss the tongue in cheek emoticon?