Olympic Cycles pres less 2014

Berry

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This event was a real surprise. Started in J with my folks and pulled them around for the morning. I have never been through da Gama park before so that was lekker.

I found there were plenty of marshals and support staff along the route. (at one point I joked that a major portion of the budget was probably spent on those flashy lights for the support cars :P )

The people were friendly in the group we were in and the weather was perfect. Ride there made it a decent day on the bike.

I thought this was a great ride - a little longer than anticipated but enjoyed it! We should count ourselves lucky to be able to drive 30mins out of the city and get the type of scenery on offer yesterday morning! Thanks very much to the organizers, see you next year!

I really enjoyed this race,

Im not a PPA member so started at the back with the open group.

Flying over that speed bumps was loads of fun. :clap:  :clap:

Stuff learned from this race:

Pack Everything ...as in everything the night before( forgot my chip, sunglasses, bars ......legs :whistling: )

But will definitely be doing this one again next year, just a pity ou kaapse weg is no longer part of the route, would have loved to conquer that hill as well.( please bring it back for next year) :thumbup:

Had a lekker day out. Perfect weather. Lost a few guys the way up from Red Hill. To the guy that asked me on Blackhill if the guys in the "K" grouped had dropped him, Well I think you might have come 4th in the group if i not mistaken  :thumbup:

But will definitely be doing this one again next year, just a pity ou kaapse weg is no longer part of the route, would have loved to conquer that hill as well.( please bring it back for next year) :thumbup:

This one is renowned for changing annually ... but it seems OKW is off-limits.

Thanks, guys, for all the feedback. As another poster mentioned, the results have been updated to reflect the correct distance in the long route. The short route was correct at 35 km.

Thanks for the organizers for a great event. Apologies for my moaning earlier in the thread when the route was announced. The route worked well, was a good hard climbing challenge and was actually loads of fun.

What happened to medals we were suppose to receive? Gave my details to some lady and she promised it will be delivered last Friday.