Queen

Canaris

Does any one remember "Fat bottom girls?' and "Bicycle" by queen?  To job some memories here is a clip of the publicity ride used to sell the album.

It was very controvesial in the 70's.  Do you realise that "I want to ride my bicycle" was written at the tour de france?  Queen was stuck in a hotel room and the "race came to town".  THey used bicycle bells at live shows to involve the audience.

http://passzio.hu/kepek/queen/10-FatBottomedBicycleGirls.JPG

Does any one remember "Fat bottom girls?' and "Bicycle" by queen?  To job some memories here is a clip of the publicity ride used to sell the album.
It was very controvesial in the 70's.  Do you realise that "I want to ride my bicycle" was written at the tour de france?  Queen was stuck in a hotel room and the "race came to town".  THey used bicycle bells at live shows to involve the audience.
http://passzio.hu/kepek/queen/10-FatBottomedBicycleGirls.JPG

I saw "we will rock you" the other week - what a great show and what a great reminder of the great music Queen produced - fantastic show.

Quite often I will "sing"(if you can call it thatWink) "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike" when out on our morning rides and the air is fresh and crisp, the legs willing and strong,and the company good.

Would like to get hold of that album again with Fat bottom girls, etc on. Anybody knows the name of this album?

Yup great music, my teenage daughter has swiped my Queen cds & they're hidden in the depths of her jungle room.  Won't be seeing them again.

Fat bottomed girls were on motorbikes rather than bicycles, of course - that's probably why they were fat (ter).

Quite often I will "sing"(if you can call it thathttps://www.bikehub.co.za/smileys/smiley2.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />)?"I want to ride my bicycle' date=' I want to ride my bike" when out on our morning rides and the air is fresh and crisp, the legs willing and strong,and the company good.

Would like to get hold of that album again with Fat bottom girls, etc on. Anybody knows the name of this album?
[/quote']

If I am not wrong:

Queen And Paul Rodgers - Return of the Champions

Know you can Download it but the album is something as 200 mb smiley11.gif

Fat Bottomed Girls were riding bicycles and the song was released in 7 single format along with Bicycle Race after originally being released on the album Jazz. Interesting there was no B-side on this 7 single and both songs were given an A-side listing.

20060916_122804_31923.jpg

"Fat Bottomed Girls were riding bicycles "

Ahh..... yeah...well... convincing photographic evidence BUT

In the song, after the line "get on your bikes and ride" there's the sound of motorcycles revving.

So, obviously the girl pictured has her motorbike in for a service.

...and you can't make the rocking world go round from a bicycle.

THE red pantie was painted in after numerous complaints by the concerned public going pubic.Shocked  If you look closely you can see the airbrushing (days before paintshop).  THe photo for the album was taken at the publicity ride. (shown above)   Both tracks are on the 'best of queen" (3 cd set) still available at musica.

I've used both Bicycle Race and Fat bottomed girls in a few of my recent spinning workouts and seem to be a great hit in the spinning studio as well. Queen still remains a great HIT !! Cycle Junkie2006-09-19 14:08:24